Sunday, August 07, 2005

Almost died

Yes...so the title is a little dramatic but that is what I thought a couple of times yesterday. I was at Lake Dunmore, went to hang out with my parents and uncle and aunt and cousins (from Colorado). When I got there I told my mom I wanted to get for a walk...4-6 miles. No big deal, I can walk that easily...now notice is said WALK!

My mom takes us (me, Laurey my dog, my dad, my uncle & aunt) on a hike. About 1 mile to the trail head, no problem at all. About 1 mile up steep rocks and grass, ok...I'm doing fine. Another 3 miles STRAIGHT UP a mountain side in rocks and stumps and roots and leaves. I'm dying! Plus I was in sneakers with no tred...yes...stupid me, I know. So I was feeling quite fat and out of shape. Now I'm not fat, but I was feeling fat...there is a difference. Even Laurey was feeling it. I had to shove her ass up quite a few rocks along the first part. So we walk these 3 miles up. Get to the trail i ntersection and then to get to the lookout have to go back down. Wait...down in the wrong direction...I went even thought I wanted to colapse on a pile of leaves and wait.

Ok, so the view was worth it! AMAZING! Could see the mountains of NY and Lake Champlain in the distance. All of Lake Dunmore was spread out. Just beautiful. Just don't tell my mother I said it was worth it!

Walking back down was better. fell on my ass once but jumped right back up...no one saw but I'll still admit it. Poor Laurey was dying too. She drank up have the river when we got back towards the trailhead. She's sleeping on my bed right now, I don't think she could wake up fully even if she wanted to. Went in swimming after I got back to the cabin and gulped a huge glass of water and 2 advils, water felt amazing.

So I lived to tell my story and that is something to be proud of! I think I'll crawl back into bed now. L, E

Comments:
What a flair for drama! At least you didn't have to use a car to get your dog home again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?