Monday, November 27, 2006
Pathology results, general update on me
Thanksgiving was fine. Nothing special except I gobbled down extra cranberry sauce this year, it was extra yummy. But overall it wasn't anything exceptional. I made a strawberry pie but it didn't gel correctly so it was runny but tasted good anyway.
I worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today and will again tomorrow. My feets, legs and back have been killing me from standing in the same little square for hours and hours. And I think I'm growing a hump on my back, at least the top of my back has been aching and that is new and not a happy experience. I've been snuggling with my heating pad more then usual.
I've been connecting with people from work in My Space and thats fun. Just wish they weren't all so young. I have also reconnected with an old boyfriend/friend and we've been emailing back and forth like 5 times a day for over a week and that is really helped! He's a lot of fun and sends me nice long emails back everytime!
Oh, I had to get my jeep fixed last Tuesday. The hose for the coolant reserve had fallen off and was stuck in the fan so it was overheating whenever I let it idling. But I had it fixed, the coolant flushed and oil changed for $95 and its all good now. And I think I might have found a place that I can use to have my jeep maintained some instead of taking it to the dealership and paying so much more.
One of the baby mice climbed out of the cage the other day and I found her under the table. Little bugger shimmied up the waterbottle and squeezed out under the cage top. I have the clips on now so that can't happen again. I still have Lola (momma) and 4 babies. Tay is going to take 2 babies so I'll have 3 mice: Lola, Mitzi and .soon to be named. (I'm thinking Janey or Dimple).
Thats about it I guess, Just been lonely and sad but trying to be okay and feel better. Had some showerhead issues. My old one broke and I can't find a new one I like, have to keep looking. I hope you all are good. I'll blog more, I promise! L, E
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Can't sleep, doing surveys
Are you a My Space member? You should be. If you are we can me My Space friends!!
I know I should be sleeping but I don't think it will happen.... L, E
Monday, November 20, 2006
Sleeping and pain
My jeep overheated on the way home.... It had done that the other day too. My friend Tay came over to see Laurey and have dinner with me and he looked at my jeep. He said the hose from the coolant fell off and is stuck in the fan. Hopefully I can find a place to look at it tomorrow and they can fix it. It should only cost around $100 but it needs an oil change and I should have the coolant flushed and refilled so I expect around $250 or so...have to wait and see. I have my dad's credit card but I'll have to pay him back. I am scheduled to work 9-5:30 and I need the hours so hopefully I can find a place to leave it at before work and someone can drop me at Xmas Trees and get me after. Dad said 'maybe' so we'll see. I already have my spare key on my purse. You are never to leave them your full set of keys. A lot of car repair places have key copiers and its no safe to give them your house key, etc.
I can't log into My Space right now and its driving me INSANE! I couldn't get into Yahoo earlier so I am worried its my computer. *sigh* After I finish this I'll reboot, maybe that will help. Today and a few days ago my screen just went purple and I had to push the button to reboot. I don't know if its getting too warm or a virus but if it keep happening then I'll have to have my dad look at it. It probably needs to be cleaned, doghair in the fan. Turkey in 3 days! L, E
Friday, November 17, 2006
To make up for not blogging lately, a survey!
1. NAME? Erin
2. HOW OLD ARE YOU? Old! 31, almost 32
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last night
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I wish it was prettier
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?Roast Beef, but usually just want cheese in my sandwich
6. KIDS? One beautiful dog
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure would
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL ? Just my blog
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yes and no, I don't always get sarcasm so I don't always use it
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, couldn't get the doc to take them out
11.WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I'd like to think I'd be able to jump
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cocoa Pebbles, BABY!
13 DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, but I un-hook my hiking boots
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Not as strong as I wish I was, physically and emotionally
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate, pepermint
16. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Them....
17. RED OR PINK? Pink!
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I wish I was a little skinnier and that people liked me
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? He knows who he is
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? If someone wanted to take this from my page I wouldn't mind
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? No pants, wearing short jean skirt and no shoes
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Yellow
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Rose, the only scent I'll wear
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Bethie, its her Happy B'day
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I like the gentleman whose blog I took this from, he's a sweetie!
26. FAVORITE DRINK? Water, Vermont Pure Spring or Evian are best
27. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Hockey, forever
28. HAIR COLOR? Red/Auburn, normally dark blonde
29. EYE COLOR? Hazel, usually green
30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, just my dork glasses
31. FAVORITE FOOD? Eggs Benedict
32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy Endings, only Scary movies when I have someone to hold on to
33. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White v-neck
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, can't wait for snow
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Pie, Chocolate ice cream
38. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Marianimal
39. MOST LIKELY NOT TO RESPOND? Everyone else
40. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? some cheesy Daniele Steele one
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No Mouse pad, just touchpad on my laptop
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST ON TV LAST NIGHT? ER, RW/RR Challenge
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My friends talking with me
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles, its a family thing
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Australia and New Zealand
46. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can drive people, especially men away
47. BIRTHDAY? Dec 30, coming up soon!
Thursday, November 09, 2006
I did some research on MCT's today online:
Basically the sites say that the tumor should be removed ASAP and take a lot of the area around them. And then hope it is stage 0 or I. The estimate the vet's office gave me is for $340.00 but I know it will end up being more since the estimate doesn't include the biopsy or antibiotics, I'm expecting $400.00
I scheduled surgery for Monday 11/20. I'll drop Laurey off between 8/8:30 in the morning and then can call around 2 to see how it went. She should be ready to go home by 4-4:30. They will have to shave her chest, they always shave a huge patch that's all crooked and uneven. And she'll have stitches. The cut will be football shaped and when her fur grows back you shouldn't be able to see the caved in scar too much.
My poor dog! This will be her fourth operation in her eight years. She was spayed at five months and then had a femoral head and neck excision on both her hips, right side first, when she was two. She has been asleep with anesthesia five times, for the three surgeries she has had and to have x-rays of her hips done to confirm hip dysplasia and again to have her right hip re-stitched again after she pulled them out 2 days after her first operation.
Between the self-inflected 'hot spots' she has given herself over the years by licking her legs too much and how she would go after her stitches on her hips, she has spent many many hours and days wearing her cone/lampshade/c-collar.
I love my Laurey. I don't have a human child but I do have her and she is as much of a child to me as possible. I am so scared. I don't have the $400 for this surgery but somehow I will find it. I don't have money if she needs another surgery or needs cancer treatments, but I will find it if she needs it. And now I just have to wait until Monday, 11/20 so I can take her home from her operation. And then a week later we should have the biopsy results and I will know her future and my future. L, E
Monday, November 06, 2006
My week was okay....
Tuesday I worked. It was Halloween so I wore my NY Ranger jersey to work but not for long since I wasn't putting holes in it to wear my nametag. And it was crazy hot in the store as always and I didn't want to get it yucky. Went and visited Yeti at work and showed off my jersey.
Wednesday was Laurey's 8th B'day and we went for a long walk around UVM and she got to sniff as much as she wanted. I worked that night and picked up some raw hide for her and a new rope toy.
Thursday wasn't much...relaxed during the day and went to school that night.
Friday I woke up with a sore throat but still (stupidly) picked up Yeti and drove him all around on his errands. He said we could hang out until 8 or so but instead he 'ditched' me at 5:30, said he needed to do homework. Its hard for me to be frustrated/sad/hurt/upset when he changes plans/ditches me for homework but it still upset me. Oh well.
Saturday I woke up at 8 and felt so sick and miserable and my throat was all swollen and yuck. Had a fever too so I called into work. Slept all day! Was only awake from noon-1:30 and 6-9.
Sunday woke up and still felt sick. Called into work again and I could tell they were upset. I guess I could have gone into work but I did have a fever and my throat was still swollen and I felt weak. I wouldn't have been able to stand at my register for more then maybe 30 mins. Slept a lot during the day but mostly watched tv and relaxed.
Now its getting to be 1 am and I'm still wide awake. I have to be to work at 9 and I'm not calling in, no matter what! My paycheck from last week will be really tiny and this weeks too and I can't afford to miss anymore work. Have school in the evening.
I hope you all had a nice week, weekend and your upcomming week will be good too! L, E