Wednesday, August 03, 2005

answering machine/dinner

Had 6 messages on my answering machine when I got home. Very strange. Unsually never have more then 1...ok zero. Sometimes 1, maybe 2 on a blue moon day. But 6! Yikes! Checked the caller ID and only recoganized 1 number. Listened to the messages...1 silence & buzzing then hang-up. 2 Some guy saying "This is Tom ... someone from this number just called me" 3 This is Blockbuster, you have some rentals that are overdue (ooops!). 4 silence & buzzing then hang-up. 5 same thing. 6 Evan inviting me for dinner....:) So I didn't really think about the hang-ups. Called Evan back and made plans, then changed into tank top and shorts and leashed up Laurey and off we went. Walked about 3.5 miles, should have done more but didn't want to be too late for dinner. While walking I was thinking about the hang-ups. The number on my caller ID was "Unavailable" name and number...no idea who it could have been. Would have been nice if they had left a message. Mystery!!

Drove over to Evan and Alison's place. Love it there, so comfy and cozy and cluttered, but a nice, homey cluttered. Hope they don't mind me saying that! Their dog was all cute, giving me kisses, and the cats were running around. Beanie even cuddled up on my lap. Had steak and corn on the cob and french, excuse me, Freedom Fries. Very yummy. Then sat outside and chatted with Evan a little bit, had been chatting with Alison inside when Evan was killing the meat on the BBQ. We watched a little TV and then I headed home.

Gased up my jeep a little for $2.33 per gallon...yikes! $20 didn't get me very far. Oh well. No using the a/c or zooming around. Have to be careful, extra poor until next payday, week from this Friday. So the story of my jeep from yesterday will still have to wait, I promise it will come. Just keep having other things to talk about. I'm a good blogger so far...:)

Oh! So slow at work today, must have checked email over 50 times, probably many many more then that. Maybe I should keep track. I know...its an addiction, technically called a "soft addiction" because its not life-harming, just obsessive. Oh well. L, E

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?