Saturday, August 27, 2005

I know, I know.

Hi. I know, I know. I haven't written anything for days but I have a good excuse...I have been either too miserable and unhappy or all smiley and day-dreaming to sit down to put things into words. With that said:

Last week at work sucked. I hate my job. But Thursday I finally stopped letting them all get to me. I stuck up for myself to my boss against one of my co-workers and started to do what I need to to protect myself in that place. Friday wasn't too bad after that. I feel I showed more of my true colors, that I can't just be treated badly and made to look like an ass, I can do that all on my own. So overall I survived and more last week. Next 10 work days will be horrible as I have to cover for one of my coworkers and she did her very best to set me up to fail. And I know she won't be happy with how I handle her accounts but as long as I do the best I can, and that is what I will do, then I haven't failed and she can stick it up her ass.

Today Laurey and I finally took the walk I have been wanting to along the bikepath by the Burlington waterfront, Lake Champlain. Notice I said bikepath...i have walked on it before and have never almost been killed by so many psycho people on bikes before today! And it was all kind of people on bikes, from the chick in the tiny miniskirt to the old hag in the flowered blouse and long pants to Grandpa with his spandex. Laurey did well too. We did over 4 miles in under an hour but she's exhausted and her hips/shoulders are sore...poor pup, I had to fully lift her into my jeep to go home. It wouldn't have been to bad except I had let her go swimming to cool down and she hadn't shaken at all so I was soaked.

Came home to a "not available" hang-up on my caller ID...wish people would leave me messages when they call me and I'm not home. Baked a ton of Chocolate Chip Cookies for my dad to feed to the UVM (University of Vermont) students he's advising tomorrow, I'm such a good daughter. Actually I owed him $20 so this was payment. also baked a tomato pie which is yummier then it sounds except I think I needed to bake the pie crust before I put the tomatos, mustard and cheese in it, oh well. I had some for my dinner and it was yummy.

So that was my last week and my Saturday. Such fun I know. Tomorrow I'm driving down to my parents lake house on Dunmore and going to an "end of summer" BBQ with my mom...should be a barrel of laughs, last year when I went I spend the whole time getting drinks for old people but they all appreciated it so I didn't mind.

OH! I burned my index finger on right hand when I was taking the last tray of cookies...still stings even though I had it in cold water for a long time and put aloe on it. Just a sacrafice to the baking Gods I guess.

Comments:
Oh Erin, you're such a people pleaser.
 
It wouldn't let me sign my name. Weird. Oh well.
 
You do so much all the time, you need to visit so I can pamper you!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?