Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Serious thoughts

So I had Jeep issues today but that will have to wait for tomorrow or another day. My dad said something tonight when we were watching the National News that really spooked me:

The news guy had just said how over 1800 US soldiers have been killed in Iraq and he was talking about insurgents and how there aren't enough US troops to keep on top of everything. That in itself wasn't a very happy thing to hear. Then my dad says "Its just like Vietnam" and that just made me feel sick. I wasn't alive during the Vietnam war and I'll be honest that I haven't really studied up on it too much. But I do remember going to the Vietnam War memorial in Washington DC with my parents and brother in the evening. My dad looked up a guy he knew from his h ometown. I remember asking if he knew him very well and he was like "he grew up in Canton" and I didn't exactly know what the ment but I knew not to ask anymore. He didn't look up anyone else and we didn't stay very long.

My dad was lucky. He was stationed in Korea during the Vietnam war so he wasn't in a war zone. I was lucky too because I wouldn't be here if things had been different for him.

Driving home I was wondering if other people had said or thought the same thing tonight watching the news. I wonder if any of President GW's staff/advisors/war planers have though the same thing too....

I had a friend in the military who pointed out o me that only bad things that happen to the military are reported on the news and in the newspapers/online. Yes...that is true but unfortunately that is what the 'big bosses' have decided the American public needs to know. I don't really know what more to say except I do feel lucky to get to cuddle up in my safe warm bed everynight and I respect the rights that I have as an American. L, E

Comments:
I totally know what you are sayin and that is why we should drop nukes and make a big glass parking lot. No but it is true they only show bad stuff because that is news not a nation of free democratic Iraqies!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?