Saturday, December 31, 2005

and to end out the year

Hi All. Let me start by saying H A P P Y 2 0 0 6 ! ! !

Ok..let me recap the end of my year:

Thursday was an amazing day! Everything was just going along, the day dragging at work when I heard my friend Sarah say "I'll take those!" and then she came around the corner of my desk and said "You have flowers!" and I did!!! A very beautiful dozen long stem red roses with purple and white little flowers in a pretty vase and a very sweet little note from Shawn. I'd like to say the my face was rbight red for only a few seconds but I'm sure it was much longer. I was very surprised and flattered and happy. Needless to say I had no attention span for the rest of my workday. So once I got home I called Shawn to says thanks you thanks you over and over,

Friday was my 31st Birthday! [Yes, I am old *sigh*] I met my parents and brother for breakfast at a vert yummy place called Sneakers Bistro. Then I went and had the 4 snow tires my friend Evan gave me put on my jeep so hopefully I won't be crashing into anymore curbs. Then I stuffed Laurey and my huge travel bag into my jeep and dropped her off at my parents and zoomed down to CT to spend the long weekend with my bestest friend Bethie (see 12/24 blog entry) and her husband Mark. It took me over the 5 hours it should have to drive there, was at a dead stop 3 times on the major highways...but that happens...and I made it there just in time. We went to the best italian place for dinner and I had the yummiest salad ever and a gyro sandwich for dinner...so good! Then we waddled out to the cars and ended up at their house and watched "Into the Blue" which I recommend. If you watch closely you can see Jessica Alba's nipple.

Woke up and was relaxing in "my" bedroom and then Bethie came in a 'snuggled' on the bed with me. Whined for about 20 minutes until she loaded up a laptop so I could check emails (I'm quite addicted!) and then had a very surprising and welcome phone call from my Mr. Shawn...excuse me, I should say drunk dial from my Mr. Shawn. Poor guy couldn't talk for too long before having to go to sleep. Then I went to take a shower but as soon as I turned it on I could hear pounding on the ceiling, Bethie was on her shower upstairs and I guess I was taking all the hot water...haha! We hit Dunkin Donuts for a late breakfast. Then went to BestBuy where I looked away for just 2 seconds and they ditched me. I was able to either burst into tears and/or run outside to check if their car was still there when Bethie finally found me. I'm sure I was looking like a lost, sad little puppy. They bought some PS2 games and CD's. And then we hit Costco...can I just tell you how I love that store! I bought a book, cookbook and 2 DVD's. Went to Outback for lunch...yummy steak...and then back to their house where we all played the Shrek 2 game. I played for about an hour but I'm just n ot such a video game chick but I was more then content to sit and read my book and watch out of the corner of my eye.

Finally we ended up stopping by their friend Ed's house to say "Hi and Happy New Years, Dude" and now we are at Mark's sister and her families house. They have a huge TV so Shrek 2 is going again and I am just taking a few minutes for myself and to feed my internet/email/blog addiction after stuffing myself with chinese food.

So its almost 2006...wow...where has the time gone? I wish for an amazing year for you and for me. Lots of smiles and laughing and winning Yankees games. So smile for you and smile for me. And send me emails!!! L, E

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?