Saturday, December 24, 2005

Bethie!

I don't want to whine about my Xmas weekend and how I'm worried it will be miserable so I'm going to talk about my bestest friend who I call Bethie!

I first met Bethie in high school. She was really smart and cute and walked very fast down the hallway. We didn't have any classes together but we had friends in common and we both hung out in the hallway of B building. We would have lunch together. I remember she liked to put a lot of salt on her food and I never put salt on my food at all. We didn't really become close friends right away but her senior year we did. In fact we went to the prom as a group with another frined, Lee Ann, and Bethie's date Brent. It was a fun time! Now you need to imagine me in a gold dress with a poofy short skirt and silky panty nose, white socks and red Dr Marten's shoes. Yes...its quite a picture! Bethie wore a very pretty blue dress, she looked beautiful as usual!

I introduced Bethie to her now husband! We had been at "Latin Day" at the University of Vermont and I was like..."lets go visit my cool college friend Mark!" and Beth was like "no...." but we went over anyway and I don't know if it was love at first sight but now they are all married! Bethie had stayed the night at my house the night before "Latin Day" and my dog Buddy ate all her bagels, poor little guy had his stomach dragging on the ground!

I have always been able to count on Bethie for support and advice and to make me laugh and to help me when I needed anything. She is always sweet and understandiung and doesn't yell at me when i do stupid things. She was a big support for me when I moved back to my parents house from Washington and that bad situation there and she was so encouraging when I was in school and working very hard to get my life back under control and together.

Whenever Bethie comes up to VT to visit her family and her husband's family she always makes sure to include me. in fact I think I'm an honary member of her family and her husband's family. They all have been very nice to me too and I am lucky to have such a large and interesting extended family to be part of.

I have spend quite a few of my birthday's with Bethie and Mark and they always buy me ice cream cake...yum! In fact I'm going to be driving down to visit them in CT, 5 hours away, on my birthday next week. I am so lucky to have the bestest friend ever! I love you Bethie!!:) L, E

PS- I'm typing this on my dad's crappy laptop and the shift key doesn't work so well so if there are typos please forgive me!

PPS- What is so funny and ironic about my blog-spam is that I have a pair of Ugg boots but they are yellow and not black but I love them and they are cozy and cute!

Comments:
Awwww, I loves you! :) You made me smile and laugh. Poor buddy, I can still see his tummy on the ground, he was so full!
And nope, I didn't like Mark when I met him. Too cocky and arrogant. I guess I took him down a notch or two! lol
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
I really like the word 'poofy'. Isn't that a great word.

Though its nice to know those special people who you care about. Who says family has to blood relatives only?

Merry Christmas Eh!
 
First thanks Bethie for being such a good friend to Erin.

Second I think it is great that you include everyone you can in Christmas cheer Erin. I'm smiling now are you?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?