Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The vet....

The vet put her finger in my dog's ass and pulled out shit. Yes...you read that right! I was quite shocked but I guess she needed fresh shit to check out. I had been planning to see if Laurey made it through the workday yesterday before making an appoitment for her with the vet but I coulnd't do it so I called and made an appoitment for her yesterday afternoon. She didn't have any "accidents" on the floor but I took her in anyway since I was worried and I wanted to make suer she won't be having any more "accidents". So she's fine...no bugs or worms or anything but just to make sure she's on a bland diet for a week and I have pills to give to her if it happens again. And she is in restricted exercise and extra pampering. I have no idea how my dog can be pampered anymore then she is already but I guess I should try.

All yesterday afternoon I worked on my attitude and mood and by 5 I was feeling pretty good. I folded and stuffed invoices into envelopes for about 2 hours (from 3-5) and made it into a little mental game of looking at the city and state the invoice was going to and that was fun. Yes...kind of lame I know but it worked for me. I didn't get a chance to sit down until 8:15 once I left work because I had to go home and get Laurey, take her out, drive to Evan & Alison's house and let their dog out, drive to Hinesburg (30 mins) to the vet and then drive home and jump in Evan's truck and pick up Evan and Alison at the airport! It was so nice to see them....! I didn't realize how much I missed them until I found myself all smiley knowing I would be picking them up in an hour or so.

Evan and Alison had a good trip to Italy and England...both were exhausted so I didn't get to hear any stories yet but I'll be sure to pass along anything exceptional....:) Alison did get me a very cute magnet from Rome (or Roma) and that is already in a place of honor on my fridge, next to the ones Bethie has brought me back from her travels.

They brought in an Xmas tree for the front area at work and it smells so nice and pine-y!! I get to help decorate it this afternoon and that will be fun. I'm not getting a tree for my house, no extra room in my 604 square feet, and I don't think my parents are getting on so this will be the only tree I'll get to help decorate and enjoy this season. I think it would be very strange if I laydown on the floor and looked up at the tree like I love to do so I guess I won't try that at work....oh well.

I guess all my faithful readers (all 2 or 3 of you) have left since I didn't write for so long...I'm sorry!! I hope you all come back and read me again!! L, E

Comments:
Hey sometimes you need to take a break. No biggie. Glad your around again.

I feel sorry for laurey though. Having someone looking for 'fresh poop' probably wasn't a pleasant experience.
 
I'm reading, Er Bear. I just gotta do it at home on the weekends, because I'm not sitting at my regular desk until January again. :( Putting us in a 'teamroom' does make us work harder, since we don't want other people seeing us screw around, but my attitude sure does take a hit. (And the 8:40AM to 11:30PM days don't help much either, to be honest!) I loves you and your poor sick doggie too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?