Monday, January 23, 2006

Scary wkend

My wkend started out with a message on my answering machine from Laurey's vet saying that she needed to talk with me about the results from the full blood panel they did on Laurey. I got the message at 5:25 on Friday night and the vet's office was closed. So I spent an unhappy night wondering what was wrong with my dog and if she would be dying or not. I had no idea what could be wrong. I called the vet at exactly 9 am Saturday morning and she said that it wasn't too bad, just one of Laurey's liver enzimes is highly elevated and since she is just 7 years old this is worrysome. And she had a liver panel just over a year ago and this result is much different then that result. The only thing we can do is wait and have a anoth liver panel done in 3 months. I asked what could cause this and the vet said some madicines could do it but Laurey hasn't taken any of them and she said that chronic pain might be putting stress on her body and its showing up in her liver. My heart was breaking. I am so worried and scared. But there is nothing I can do. We have her yearly check-up in February with our normal vet, the Dr who did her hip operations so he'll go over the blood results and maybe he'll have a different insight.

My dad come over at 10:30 with the family dog, Tripper, and he brought me the pots and pans set that my parents bought me for my B'day. The are very nice and I'm excited to get to cook with them soon. He snooped around my house while I took everything out of the box and then we loaded up the dogs in his truck and drove up the hill to St Michael's College to take a walk. We found a nature trail through the woods behind the college and walked along that, it was very pretty and fun. We saw a beautiful beaver damn, absolutely perfect! Laurey and Tripper both had fun splashing throught the mud. Then Dad dropped me off and I hung out at home until 6:30 when I went to meet Evan and Alison at the movie theatre. We saw "Hostel" which is a horror movie but the first 1/2 was all boobies and if I liked looking at other chicks boobies then I probably would have enjoyed it more. The second 1/2 was gorey and I had to cover my eyes more then a few times. Came back home and had a little trouble falling asleep, my room seemed darker then usual.

Sunday was pretty much just spend on the sofa. Watched "Office Space" and "Wedding Crashers" and took a nap. Laurey was her usual annoying self. Kept making me put her outside and then wouldn't do anything out there except roll on the cold ground. FIinally went out around 6:30 to buy lightbulbs since the light in my bedroom was out and only 1 of the 3 bulbs in my bathroom were alive. Picked up Wendy's for dinner but didn't eat it all since I really wasn't so hungry. Washed my sheets and blankets so it was nice crawling into bed, always love the feeling of clean sheets. I didn't turn off the light until after 11 but woke up feeling fine. I guess the 3+ hour nap helped.

So I hope you all had a nice weekend. L, E

Comments:
Naps = Good
they're your bed's way of telling you it loves you.
 
Oh no. Naps are taken on the sofa with the super cuddly sofa blanket and pillow that love there. ~E
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?