Thursday, February 16, 2006

Its Thursday and I need some sleep

I turned my light off at just before 10 last night and I was alseep right away but I'm still exhaunsted sleepy. I guess I need more then 8 hours a night. I know I don't have to get up at 6, I just need to be in the shower by 7 at the very latest to make it into work at 8. I have never thought I really needed that much time getting ready in the monrings but I guess I do since I'm in the shower for about 15 minutes and then I put on lotion and comb my hair and brush my teeth and pick out clothes and put them on and then I usually blow dry my hair a little so its not dripping wet and then I put on shoes and by then its usually 7:35. I take Laurey out on her leash and sometimes she's quick and we are back in 2 minutes but usually she likes to sniff around and it takes 5 minutes. Then I'm on my way to work. My weekend routine is mostly the same except depending on what I am doing for the day I will put on clean pj's/around-the house clothes and not dry my hair. I always use lotion, I like being soft and smooth.

I'm feeling sicker today then the past few days. I think its because I woke up with a headache and sore throat. My headache has gone away for the most part but my throat still hurts and my ears are clogged and hurting a little too. I expelled the hugest booger this morning, it looked like a little tiny jellyfish...it was kind of cool and I know you probably didn't want to know anything about it I just had to share. I didn't save it or anything. And I know its weird and gross to check your tissue after you use it, I do because I have been blowing my nose so much I'm worried I'm going to start leaking brain and I need all the brain I have!

Did I not write about anything interesting enough for people to comment about yesterday or has no one had a chance to read me? I sure hope I haven't lost my friendly readers!!! L, E

Comments:
Yeah GO Erin, talkin' about boogies. Gotta be comfortable about yourself. Its like that kids book Everybody Poos might as well get the discomfort of bodily functions out of the way early on. I'm not saying I enjoy them being done in public, but if I happen to hear someone's little harmless (read not smelly) "toot," we'll all be less embarassed if I don't make a federal case out of it.

But still, I guess talking about boogers, farting, and poops is never a way to impress the guys. Lucky I'm married. Er, you're on your own with your jellyfish.
 
Personally, I don't see a problem talking about bodily functions and fluids. I mean, everyone has em. It's a normal part of life. BTW.. I also check my tissues after every blow. I think it's a normal part of humanity to check what comes out of our body. We have eyes, so we should use em. It gives us an indication of our health also. ya know? :-)

I hope you had a decent Valentines day card. I would have emailed you a V-day card, but didn't now your email address! Hope you're feeling better.
 
Yeah, it is part of everyday life, and if others are comfortable, go to town. I try not to offend or push the envelope (too much) on certain comfort zones for folks. (This does NOT go for politics, civil, human, or basic rights. I'll push back on that every time. Sorry kids, I don't believe in Hobb's belief that life is nasty, short, and brutish.)
*off soapbox*
Snot it up!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?