Friday, February 03, 2006

Need some opinions on this:

There is this guy that I kind of know. Basicilly he dated a friend of mine but it didn't work out and he comes in my office to fix the computer systems. One time when he was here I asked him some for some guy advice and he was all funny and chatty. So I emailed to him (I had his address from when he worked on my computer when I started) and he was all funny and friendly again so I was like ok...I have a new friend...:) But in his last 2 emails back to me he has made comments like "Good luck" and "sounds like you have plenty of help" when I asked him if he would help me research a new computer {he works for a computer company as tech support}. And then I emailed him today saying Hi and asking what he was up to this weekend and saying what I have planned...being friendly... and he says back "How pleasant. Nope no big plans for the weekend. I fly by the minute so I never quite know what’s going on. Sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned. Have fun!" So I really feel that I am being brushed off. What he said certainly didn't mean for me to reply back. Its not such a big deal...but I was thinking he would be a nice friend. Oh well. I'll leave him alone.

Anyway....its Friday and I am wearing jeans today (we can only wear jeans to work on Fridays) and my cute striped t-shirt from WalMart and my UVM sweatshirt and my pink clogs and pink socks. Just thought you'd all want to know!

Thank you thank you thank you to my new readers and commenters and welcome back to you who have come back to read me again! You all rock! L, E

Comments:
You know though, maybe he's not looking for a friend. Or he may feel uncomfortable being friendly with his ex's friend. Either way, I wouldn't push it. Work friends (especially if they're in remote locations, or if you only see them occasionally) like that can start much slower and more casually.
I get to work with tons of people in our GA and IL offices, and you just take a bit more casual talk when discussing work related items, rather than dedicated 'whats up' emails to them...
 
Don't push a stone uphill.
 
I am not the same anonymous as above, but I am someone you know. My advice is that everbody is diffent and will react different to situations like that one. Don't sweat it, you are a wonderful person and a great friend. That is all you need to know.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?