Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Not a good combo

I'm cold and tired...not a good combo. I just want to curl up and pull my fuzzy blanket over my head and sleep. But I'm at work. *sigh* I even have the heater on and its helping a little bit but I'm still cold.

I have invited 3 different friends to come over for dinner this week but they all have said no. I guess everyone is sick and/or just wanting to hybernate at home...or no one likes me. I'm dead broke so I guess its for the best. I'm going to make the pasta and sausage dish tonight and then I will have left-overs for a few days and hopefully other then for milk and cereal I won't need to go to the grocery this week. I do have to get gas in my jeep or I won't make it into work tomorrow. I guess I'll return one of the book I bought at Costco over the weekend and that will give me a tiny bit of cash.

So I don't so much have anything to report or say. Just wish I was sleeping, all cozy and warm. Maybe even not alone. L, E

Comments:
Pasta may be cheap, but its not very good for you... You know what may be good? So, not right now when you're broke, but when you get paid. Buy one of those big packs of chicken breast at Costco. Bake it all in the oven, and then cut it into strips. Put a serving into little freezer bags (from Costco, yet again) ;) and keep some out for the week, and throw the rest into the freezer. Then, also get a bag of salad at Costco ($1.99 for a big bag, can't even get it that cheap at the grocery!) and make yourself chicken caesar salad's for lunch or dinner. YUUM! Sometimes I'm so smart!
 
Good idea on the chicken. I can kill it on my George Foreman. The only way I know how to bake chicken is with Shake'n Bake and that wouldn't keep it so healthy. And I have bought bag lettuce at Costco before but I usually buy it at the grocery because I like the veggie lettuce bags so I get carrots and radishs and peas too. But I have to go to Costco tonight to return 2 books and a pair of shorts (to give myself some cash!) and I'm going to get a bag of lettuce for the weekend. THX for the advice...:) You are so smart!! ~E
 
ooh, bethie is right. I marinate chicken over night, grill it on the George Foreman (I LOVE that thing and can't imagine life w/o it!) and dice it up. Freeze the left over. But I make Greek Salads. They are to die for! Big olives, lots of feta cheese and Kraft makes a Greek Vinagerette dressing and a Sun Dried Tomato dressing. They are 'licious.

My mouth is watering and I'm hungry for lunch now. It's only 10:00am.
 
I'm returning the book "Cell" or "The Cell" by Stephen King. I didn't get to read it but I did skim it a little and it didn't catch my interest so I'm not upset about returning it. Its all good! And I LOVE the Kraft Greek dressing! So yummy! My mouth is watering now too!!!:) ~E
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?