Thursday, February 02, 2006

The rodent said 6 more weeks of winter

So that poor groundhog saw his shadow this morning. That poor little guy! He was all cozy hybernating asleep when he heard a knock at his door. He probably just had enough time to turn over and flip "the bird" before his door was opened (without an invitation from him) and he was jerked from his warm bed and had 10000 camera flashes going off. I just hope he was stuffed right back into his house pretty quick and maybe he'll think it was just a dream/nightmare. Not that it so much matters if he saw his shadow or not, and I'm sure he was blinded by the camera flashes so he wasn't seeing anything, because its winter time and seeing a shadow or not isn't going to speed up the earth and make spring come. But it would be nice. I would love to lay outside in the sunshine and doze or read a book and have Laurey come over to me all panting and wanting to go in the house and lie under the A/C. Someday....

I'm getting an upgraded dishNetwork DVR box this Saturday. The appoitment is from 8-noon and I'm hoping they will show up right at 8 since I need to leave for my parents at 10:30. I'm helping my mom with her children's book drive at the UVM basketball game. I get to collect the books and write the names of the donators on bookplates and put them inside. I was hoping for a free t-shirt or something for my volunteering but I guess just the satisfaction of helping will be all I get. And I figure it will be just what I need to tire myself out for my Saturday afternoon nap!:)

My friend Alison invited me for food and movie this Saturday too and I would love to go with her and her friends but I am totally broke! Stupid me didn't notice that a payment hadn't posted to my account and spent too much $$ and then when the payment did post it overdrew me and gave me like 5 overdraft fees and such since it made other payments put me into the negative. *sigh* So now I have no money for a week...and when I say no money, I mean absolutely zero money!

I made the yummiest dinner ever last night! I cooked up "Peasant Pasta" a reciepe from the Food Network's Rachel Ray and it turned out amazing! Its the 3rd time I made made this dish and I have it perfect now! I brought in left-overs for lunch for me and my friend Sarah along with some garlic bread...yum! And now my stummy is all happy again. Only 3.5 more hours until I can go home and then only 9 more work hours until the weekend! Woohoo! L, E

Comments:
Thanks....:) I'll make it! I've been dead broke before. And if the universe wanted to give me something nice then I'd love that but if the universe just wants to make me fall down and cry then please no. And thanks for reading me! I hope you'll come back! ~E
 
I hate the groundhog, (well, not really, just its prediction of more bad weather.) Wish they left the poor overgrown rat in its cave. C'over here Er, I'll slap you. I just don't know if it'll be a good karma slap, or a "Ha, that was funny - it left a handprint" kind of slap. (We both know my back isn't strong enough for me to slap that hard anymore...) xoxo
 
I've been broke myself many times. It is not a good feeling at all. But, those type of lessons are the ones we learn from the most. Besides, they only make us stronger. Hang in there!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?