Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tuesday is better

So my yesterday actually ended much better then it started. I went to my parents house after picking up Laurey after work and just my dad was there. After he took some very yummy smelling bread from the oven we took Laurey and Tripper for a walk and that was good since my dad walks really fast with his David Hasslehoff long legs and I have to move my ass to keep up. We talked about my new fish, Superman, and he told me about how he and my mom had a big fish tank when they were first married and I was a tiny baby.

Then my dad made some really yummy hamburgers on the grill and we have them for dinner! I don't know if its him or the grill but burgers on there come out amazing good! Laurey had fun lying under the table and hoping for some burger but I wasn't sharing at all!

Then, since I have my tax refund, my dad and I looked around online for a new computer for me. We checked Costco and Dell and decided on a Dell Inspiron 6000IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® M Processor 735 (1.70GHz/2MB Cache/400MHz FSB). It cost a total of $887.20 with handling (free shipping) and while its not a #1 best computer it will be just fine for me. I only wanted to spend $650-700 since I need some of my tax refund to pay my condo assessment and my dad had said he would be willing to loan me some money but I'd have to pay him back. So he charged my computer on his VISA and I said "I can give you a check for $700 now..." and I went to say "how do you want me to pay you the rest?" but he said "Thats fine, thats enough". Sometimes my dad can be such a rockstar! I know it was because my mom wasn't there (she would have never let him do that for me) and also because he had just ordered a new computer through his work and I'm sure its much nicer then the one I ordered so he felt a little guilty but I don't so much care since it really helps me out!

So that put me in a good mood and then after I got home one of my friends called and we had a very nice conversation...he had me laughing and smiling and I really needed that!

So today is Tuesday and I'm not going to my parents for dinner like I usually do...I had dinner there last night and thats just fine, especially since my brother and mother weren't there. It was nice to just hang out and spend time with my dad...haven't done that in a long time! I'm at work, blogging during lunchtime as usual, and I can't wait for the workday to be over so I can go home, walk Laurey and relax on my sofa! And yes...I am okay! Thank you to Bethie and everyone who emailed me and gave me advice and support and made me laugh.... I love my friends!!! L, E

Comments:
Ohh, burgers on the grill. That sounds so much better! (Especially after my yogurt fiasco this afternoon - you've got mail on that.) Let me see, I think I get Dell discounts, not sure if you can use it if its already ordered tho. You'll be online chatting away with me in no time. YAY. And I loves ya, would else would read when I send rambling emails about how crappy (had to self censor that word, so I don't get deleted,) things are when I do things like use "Spray On Tan" or fall down my front steps 2 weeks before my wedding?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?