Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday, wish I was at home with my notebook

I woke up when the alarm started screaming at 6 this morning and came out into my livingroom after silencing it and there was my beautiful computer waiting for me to turn it on! So happy happy joy joy!!

Tuesday at work is okay...couple of people are grumpy and my boss yelled at me again. I split a pizza with a friend for lunch, we got the Pizza Hut cheesey bites pizza with peperoni and it was okay, just extra greasy. Would have been better with marinara dipping sauce so If I get one again I'll have to be sure to ask for some. Now I am wishing I was at home blogging on my own pretty notebook.

Now that I can check email and be online at home so easily I don't have the frantic need to check email so many times at work, at least thats how it feels today. I don't know why I check my emails so much anyway...I do have awesome friends who send me lots of emails (thank you thank you all!) but I really think I have an addiction.... Admitting it is the first step right? Do they have support groups for email/internet addiction? Maybe I could make some friends there...:)

Having dinner with my dad and brother tonight, dad said we could go out since mom is in Montana at Big Sky on a skiing trip (I"ll let you know if she brings me back a present and she should since I bought her new gloves for her trip just because I am sweet and nice) so I assume we'll get mexican food since thats my brothers favorite. I need to return some pants to Old Navy too. Hopefully I can convince my dad and brother help me transfer all the info I need and want from my old computer to my new one. Its not so easy since my old computer is OLD and it doesn't have the little memory stick thingie and the disc drive has been broken for over a year so other then emailing everything to myself I don't know another way to do it. So we'll see. If they won't or can't help me then I guess I'll be lugging both machines to Best Buy and pay someone there to do it for me.

So I have made a decision about my blog: I have been told that I write a lot on here and I know I do but how it was told to me made it seem that I write too much on here. Now with having internet at my house I'm sure I will be writing more too. So starting tomorrow, March 1, I will be blogging in a smaller font size. No big change, maybe it won't look like I am writing too much anymore.

I had a few ideas for names for my new computer: "DaisyDog" because I love daisy flowers and I love my Laurey dog but I don't think I should use dog, thanks Bethie for pointing that out. Also "CatPuck" after the University of Vermont Catamounts hockey team but I don't know.... And Bethie is right, I live in a building with rude people who throw their junk mail on the floor in front of the mailboxes and leave 1/2 eaten containers of french fries in the stairwell (no joke!). People in both buildings break bottles in the driveway and leave socks, shoes, trash, food and cigarette butts all over the property. Loud music from cars in the driveway and garage and bass and music is always blasting from different units and the people above my livingroom fight all the time! But thats just condo life I guess. Oh yeah, and on Xmas eve someone let their dog pee and pooh in the elevator and didn't clean it up!

Anyway...I'm sleepy now that I stuffed myself with pizza. Wish there was a nap room at work! I hope you are all well. As always, thanks so much for reading me and commenting me! I love you all!! L, E

Comments:
1st. Get a crossover cable and hook your machines together like that. Either that, or daisy-chain them together with coax and transfer like that. Much better than paying people to do super easy stuff. It might even be cheaper for you to buy the stuff to network them, rather than pay the $65/hr rates they'll charge.

2nd. You don't blog too much, write away. People can skim - or highlite the text in a way (like in a different color text) so that people can read those bits and get the gist.

3rd. DAMN, I knew those peeps were rude, but thats beyond rude - its gross and snarky. Damn pigs. Wait, don't want to insult the pigs.
 
Oh, and while you may not be into Wallace & Grommit, I was giving that to you as just an example of how to start a naming scheme, not as something to swipe! Sheesh!

You could start a hockey scheme - Zamboni as your scanner, (if you had one,) Penalty Box (for your clunker desktop machine,) SuperstarCat (for your hot blazin' sexy new machine,) Coach as your admin login... Man, I'm sure creative when I'm busier than hell at work!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?