Thursday, March 16, 2006

Fake it until you make it, attitude change

I need an attitude change. I'm feeling sad and unhapy and lonely but I need to change my attitude because I am letting myself get down and stay down and I don't want that. My company vice president asked me again today how I am and I said "Getting better" and he said "Yeah! Thats right! Just fake it until you make it! Thats what my wife always says....!" and that just make me smile and want to laugh and cheered me up. So here goes....

Its Thursday and that means its almost Friday and the weekend! And tomorrow, Friday, is St Patty's day so I will need to stick with my tradition of watching the movie "Good Will Hunting". Such a great flick, if you haven't seen it you need to! The Boston accents and setting just makes me think of St Patty's so I celebrate the day by watching that movie. Traditions are good.

I think I am going to need to invest in a new cordless phone with answering machine soon as my cordless keeps dying really quickly. I useto be able to talk for 3+ hours before the battery would die but now it only holds a charge for 1+ hour and thats no good. And the answering machine always records the wrong date and time...no big deal since the caller ID is correct but annoying none the same. But if I get a new phone/answering machine then I will be giving up my saved messages and I don't know if I am ready to do that. But I'm not going to open that can of worms right now. Can't afford a new phone anyway right now so it will have to wait no matter what I decide.

Laurey was sleeping on my sofa yesterday when I was at work...rotten dog. I could tell because there was tons of doghair on it and the clicker was changed and covered with doghair too. How that dog isn't bald from all the hair she gives off I don't know! Crazy.

Dinner tomorrow with G'ma and the family...hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm going to try to hang out at the airport with my G'ma on Saturday morning too before she flys off to Florida with my dad (and without me and I really could use a vacation and sun and warm weather *sigh*) but if dad wants to go right out to the gate once they are checked in then I can't go through security so I'll have to see. Just would like to spend some time with my G'ma if possible.

Still haven't had Peep Jeep inspected and since that was due by the end of February I guess I'm such a bad girl. Oh well. I really can't afford it still so its going to have to wait another week or more. Peep also needs an oil change so I'll get both done at the same time.

I think I'm going to add some things to my blog this weekend...links to other blogs I read and stuff. I've been so lazy about fixing this baby up so maybe that will be my weekend project, have to wait and see!!:) I hope you are good. I'm okay and I will be better...I promise! L, E

Comments:
Sometimes when you fake it, it does actually make you feel better. (I don't know where I read that, but its kinda like smiling just makes you feel better!)

Chin up Er, I think it'll really cheer you up to see your grandmother and to spend a little time with her!

XOXOXO!
 
A positive spin on things can change everything! You are on the right track E! Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy the time you get to spend with your G'ma. I lost mine in April and I miss her. So cherish the time you have.
 
it's friday and that has to mean something. Right? Well, I understand the 'faking it'. Take care oh and **HUG**
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?