Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Is the week over yet?

In response to Bethie saying she was surprised that I went back to Hooters after what happened when I went with them, she is right.... Hooters is not where I would pick for dinner but my dad wanted to go and since he was paying, and I knew we wouldn't order wings, I didn't think I could argue. I ran over to my dad's neighbors house to drop off some things for him and I told him we were going to Hooters for dinner and he laughed because my dad had been harping him to go eat there and he wouldn't. I had also heard the food was really good there and my cheeseburger was ok, but it wasn't any better then I could have gotten somewhere else and I have had better. But its a nice bright place with TV and music so it was fun. Since it was trivia night all the Hooters Girls were in costumes, not the normal tank top and short shorts, so they all had on either angel wings and halos or devil horns...I think my dad and brother enjoyed it a little too much. Plus one Chick kept walking back and forth by our table and she had a little too much bounce in her step...if you get what I mean.

Anyway....

My boss brought in his dog to work again today. His dog is a sweet, loveable Rotteweiler (sp?) named Dozer and I think I should ask him to be my boyfriend since he gives me kisses and today he crawled onto my lap and put his arms around my neck and hugged me. That was the most action I have had in a long time! Although he seems to like to kiss (lick) my neck and chin mostly which is fine with me since I'm not into tongue kissing with a dog...a man is a different story. I have always tried to be careful to keep my "dating" life out of my blog since I just don't want to be typing that sad story here but I know a little has trickled in, especially the upset/sad/hurt part so I hope you all don't mind my talking about Dozer. Dozer had a surgery yesterday, he had some cancerous tumors removed from his side already and he had another tumor removed yesterday so he needs to be watched so he doesn't eat out his staples. Plus he's in pain and he likes to be around people, especially his daddy. Right now Dozer is in his daddy's office curled up at his feet taking a nap. A nap sounds nice right now but not on the floor under a desk...would rather have a nap on my sofa at home, cuddled under my fuzzy blanket!

I am ready for the week to be over! I really wish a work week was just 4 days not 5. Working 4 days and having 3 off is much better I think! Really gives you time to relax and unwind and get all that you need to done. Maybe I should write to President Bush and give him the idea of 4 day work weeks. Do you think he would listen? Maybe I should just write to Hilary Clinton.

Oh! I was thinking "SnowDaisy" for my computer name. What do you think? Also "SuperStar". But I don't know for sure yet. As always...thank you for reading me! L, E

OMG! I almost forgot the best part of today...I have my Girl Scout cookies! I will admit I have already opened the box of Peanut Butter Patties and had a few of them...so yummy! *sigh* At least it will be worth getting a fat ass to eat the cookies.

Comments:
Turns out I am alone in the office today. If I had known this, I would have brought one of the chihuahuas to work with me today. I have three, so it's hard to choose. I try to do the "eeny meenie, miney, moe" thing, but they don't sit still long enough!
 
That dog sounds so sweet... man, I think I would like people's dogs more than them, though.
I totally agree with a 4 day work week, but since I'm averaging 65 hours a week (god, I hate the person who invented salary vs hourly) that'd be a hard 17 hour day (by the time you add in lunch). Its still less than the hours I worked when I was in politics, though!
Could you imagine if I were making hourly? I don't think I would mind not seeing my husband nearly as much, because then we could get a much nicer boat (or totally pay off our mortgages!) WOO HOO! Thats it, I'm totally gonna start lookign for a job in the city ... where they bring in dogs!
 
You mean the week isn't over? I keep think about call in sick as a mental health day but then i remember that vendor A or B is coming in and "I" have to deal with him/her. BLAAA.

I've never been to Hooters but there's 2 in the city and someone from work actually works there as well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?