Sunday, March 12, 2006

My weekend, typing while I eat mac & cheese

I made mac and cheese tonight, a double batch of the kraft stuff with the powder and then miked in 2 cans of diced tomatoes with zesty green chilies and the put it all in a dish and breadcrumbs on top and baked it for about 30 minutes. Overall its not too bad. And its what I will be eating for lunch for the next few days so I'm glad it turned out eatable.

My weekend wasn't really so exciting at all. Saturday I woke up at 7 and then dozed on the sofa and watched tv until 3:30ish when Laurey and I walked 3.25 miles and then I ordered pizza for dinner. Pizza with mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, spinich and pineapple...very yummy! Ate too much of that and then just vegged in front of the tv until bedtime.

Today, Sunday, started at 6am with a nice wake up phone call from Gabe. We talked for awile until he decided he needed to take a nap and I put in the dvd "The Constant Gardner" that I rented a week ago and have been meaning to watch. It was good...Rachel Weiz (sp?) is beautiful! Had a nap and then took a shower and was more or less dressed by noon. My dad called me back around 12:30 and said he'd come over to help me take some stuff to the Recycle North drop-off. Finally took the trash that has been on my back deck for a few weeks and also the trash in the house and the recycling all out to the dumpster. And then took the boxes my computer came in to the recycle dumpster too. Dad and Tripper came over and we loaded up the table and stools that have been on my back deck and my computer desk and moniter into his truck and then I met him at his house, bringing along the dogs, Laurey and Tripper. I called Recycle North and they aren't open on Sundays which as you can guess didn't make my dad very happy since he has all my crap furnature in the back of his truck but he said he'd take care of it this week. Oh...and my screen door has come off the track and I asked my dad to put it back on for me but he couldn't seem to figure out how to do it and instead started cursing very inappropiately in a loud voice. This is what he does when he does any kind of manual work and especially when he can't figure out what he needs to do. Anyway...I'll ask Evan to come over this week to fix it since Dad didn't get it working. So for now its a leaning screen door, not a sliding screen door.

Mom was at their house but she wasn't able to go all the way upstairs to get the gift she has for me from her trip to Montanta/Colorado. She was all pissy because my oold computer is sitting in the middle of her livingroom. I had left it under a chair where it was out of the way but she had moved it onto the coffee table...no idea why. So I told her that dad would put it in his truck and take it down to the drop-off place when he took the rest of my things. She wanted me to put it in his truck but dad said he'd take care of it. She also anounced that her book group was going to be there on Thursday and he wasn't too happy with that...not my problem.

My Grandma, my dad's mom, will be in Burlington this Friday night. My uncle David and aunt Ann will be driving her over and then she and my dad are flying to Florida on Saturday morning. It will be nice to see my uncle and aunt and G'ma! I'm assuming we'll go out for dinner. I suggested Windjammer but my mom said she doesn't like it so then I said Sirloin Saloon and my dad was okay with that except it like a 20-25 minute drive from my G'ma's hotel so we'll see.

Laurey is all sleeping on her dogbed...so cute! We walked with my dad and Tripper in the rain and she was all muddy and cute. Just typing away about my so exciting weekend.... L, E

Comments:
Baby, you're creative. I'm glad you're getting to see your Gma, I know how much you enjoy visiting her.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?