Saturday, March 25, 2006

Scared for so many reasons

My life has taken such a different turn. This is the email I sent out on Tuesday 3/21/06:

Please forgive me if this email doesn't totally make sense but I am crying. I was fired from my job today. With no warning, no talking to before, I was called into the showroom by the sales manager and he asked me to take a seat between him and my direct boss, and he said "Too many mistakes have been happening and Carol and I (Carol is the general manager and who hired me) have gone back and forth on this but we are going to have to let you go" So I said "Thank you" and my boss watched me while I put my things into my bag and I went to say G'bye to a few people but no one was at their desk. I went to Jason, the HR guy and asked for my paycheck and he didn't even know I was getting let go, fired. Walking out I said G'bye to the sales manager Dave (not the one who fired me) and he said he was so sorry (it wasn't his decision at all about my being fired) and that I was a nice girl and to have people call him directly for references. I told him that I wish I had been talked with before so I could have known what I was doing wrong and been able to correct it but I hadn't been given that chance but all he could say was that he didn't know and its true since he works for the other team/company.

So now I am unemployed. Tomorrow I will find a computer with word on it and update my resume and go to unemployment office and call the state welfare office and see what I can do to get help since I have no income and bills. I am so scared but I know I will be alright.


So now I am unemployeed. Okay. I'll be okay. Wednesday I signed up for unemployment and started with PATH which will give me food stamps and health insurance. I have an appoutment on Monday to finalize those details.

I had so many emails of support and encouragement...I thank you so much for everyone who emailed to me. It really has helped. Please keep on emailing to me. I always smile when I have an email waiting for me....:) And Bethie has been so wonderful calling me and making sure I am taking care of myself. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends!

Unfortunately I am really sick. I am saying its the flu because I'm not coughing too much so it can't be peumonia and since I don't know if I have health insurance anymore I can't go to see a doctor. My fever was very high on Thursday and Friday, a little over 101 but advil and tylenol seems to have helped and I've sleeping as much as possible. Today is Saturday and Evan and Alison came over and fixed my screen door and played with Laurey and now they are at the grocery getting me food.

So keep your fingers crossed for me...I'm going to need it!! L, E

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?