Thursday, March 30, 2006

Went for a walk today

Today I went for a walk down the hill from my parents house. I went to a job fair at the local college and talked with some people there. It was good to be able to shake hands and smile at people again. Then I walked down a little further and went into the admissions for this college and talked with a nice gay man about how to apply. So I think I'll be going to school. Don't know what I'll major in yet or if I'll even get in but I sure hope so. I really think school would be good for me, help me feel confident and smart and give me lots to do.

Laurey and I played around in my parents backyard for awile, it was beautiful 63 degrees warm and we both enjoyed the sunshine and warm. I also finished up my state taxes and asked my dad to print them for me so I can get that mailed off, I can sure use the $160.00 owed to me. My unemployment is in dispute, I guess since I was fired from my job that I need to wait for awile or something before I can be paid by the state. I guess it has to do with the fact that I did something wrong and that is why I was fired, rather then there was no work for me to do at that job so I was laid-off. So it depends on what my old company says and since I have no idea what they will say I just have to wait.

I've started eating again more or less normally today. I really hadn't been eating at all between being sick and not going to the grocery and feeling hungry...but I know how unhealthy that is and I want to do my best to be healthy. Last night at the grocery I bought roast beef for sandwiches and lettuce and tomato and chips and I've been eating sandwiches and chips...yummy. I need to go back to the store again for more roast beef, Laurey had a few slices with me so its all gone. I had also bought sliced Muenster cheese, my very favorite, and I did eat it all but it wasn't as good as I remember. I kindof have a thing for cheese and when I have it in the house I generally just gobble it down so I don't have cheese very often. In fact I have been known to eat it on the way home from the grocery and then it doesn't even make it home....:) Anyway...I'm going to the grocery again tomorrow to get some yummy, healthy foods for the weekend.

Thank you for the support messages from my wonderful girlfriends...:) I really appreciate it more then you could know! And Marianimal also emailed me about joining the local library, something I have thought about doing for a long time and I think I might check it out tomorrow! I love you all!! L, E

Comments:
I love cheese too. I buy bags of it already cubed and it doesn't last long in the house. Mollie likes me to put it in her lunch with a toothpick and she "picks" it out, piece by piece, from the ziplock baggie.

But I can't say that we finish the cheese before we get home from the store!

Now that is someone who REALLY LOVES their cheese!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?