Monday, March 06, 2006

You will not believe what I have gotten myself into now....

I have this friend, we'll call him Gabe since that is his name. He has a 4 and 1/2 month old puppy named Pumpkin. Pumpkin is a Vizsla. I have never met that breed of dog before. She is f'ing insane! Its like having the Tasmanian Devil on crack and speed at the end of a leash. When I was walking her and poor Laurey this she tangled Laurey's leash around her neck and didn't seem to noice or care that she was strangling herself. Now...why was I walking Pumpkin this morning you ask. Well...nice Erin volunteered to watch Pumpkin because Gabe's friend has a family emergency he is helping his friend out with and he has to drive to Ohio and can't take the "dog". So I said "Oh, I'd love to take care of Pumpkin".

This dog is insane! She doesn't stop moving for 1/2 a second. She likes for you to pick her up with she just keeps moving her arms and legs and scratched my chin with the sharp talons that grow from her toes...they aren't just claws! And she desperately wants to play with Laurey... and Laurey hates her. HATES HER! Pumpkin wants to play but Laurey just don't want to. So she growls and shows her teeth and ugly face. She even went into her cage to try to get away from Pumpkin. And Pumkin just wants to play. *sigh*

So Pumpkin is in her cage at my house right now and I'm sure Laurey is sleeping/ignoring her. I called Doggie Daycare and plan to drop off Pumpkin there tomorrow for the day...maybe if she's been playing there all day she'll be exhausted and leave Laurey alone. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Oh...and I'm getting Chinese food for lunch! Yum! L, E


****

Please don't think I dislike this puppy or regretting taking her, I don't! I just wish I could take better care of her and not have to keep her in her crate so much. And I wish she'd settle down so I could pet her. And I really admire Gabe for dropping everything, including his puppy, to help his friend. He's an amazing man and friend.

Comments:
So, do you have the 3 dogs now? Man, poor Laurey must be wondering what she's done to deserve the young upstart! Did you call Gabe and make sure Pumpkin has all her shots and stuff? (Remember when I was dogsitting my mothers monster dog, and I brought him to petsmart to be groomed, and I had to call the vets office to get his records faxed over...)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?