Friday, April 28, 2006

Gas prices, walks and backpacks...and now the weekend

OMG! It cost me almost $53 to fill the gas tank on my jeep today! Absolutely crazy! And that was at $2.87 per gallon. I just hope prices doesbn't go too much higher but I know they will. The gas tank was just about empty on my jeep but I have never paid over $50 before. When gas prices were crazy high last fall I didn't ever fill the tank from empty I think. Anyway...I certainly won't be driving all over for no reason this summer as much as possible. I love my jeep and I like having a bigger vehicle, lots of room for Laurey and anything else I need to move around, but $52.69 to fill the gas tank is just crazy!

The vet called a few minutes ago with the results of Laurey's liver profile. The enzime we are keeping an eye on is still elevated but he says its nothing really to worry about, we just need to keep an eye on it and have it checked every 6 months or so. He always uses the "that's what I would do if it was my dog" line on me and it always works! Usually that means I get to sign another big credit card slip or write a big check but this time he said we should just keep an eye on it. Laurey and I went over to my parents and took a walk with Tripper around the University of Vermont campus. The sun is shining but its pretty chilly outside.

I think I've arrainged a dog walk and movie with my dad for this Sunday and I'm looking forward to spending some time with him. I miss spending time with him when its not hockey season and we don't have games to go to together. His school year is almost over so hopefully we'll be able to hang out some this summer. I saw my mother when I was at the house picking up Tripper and she express her usual disaproval of me...but I'm useto that.

Oh! The computer backpack I ordered that promised my laptop would fit inside came yesterday and yes, my computer does fit inside, took me over a minute to squeeze it in and then about 3 to get it out. Yes, thats going back. I never thought it would be so hard to find a backpack to carry my computer in. I'm going to keep the pink one that I have and just fix the strap so it holds my computer in snuggly even though its not a perfect fit.

I finally had to shut the sliding door. All week I have been having it open so Laurey and sniff out and we can have the fresh air blowing in but it is too chilly cold. I can't take frozen hands and feets. I need someone to warm me up, any volunteers? L, E

Comments:
I filled up the Mustang this afternoon. It was $33.00 at $2.77 a gallon.

Insane.

But our Governor was talking about putting the 20cent per gallon tax on hiatus for awhile to give us Texans a break in the fuel prices. I love that idea.
 
DAMN you guys have cheap gas! It was 3.09 when we came back from VT on Saturday, and now its up to $3.30+!!!

Unfortunately, whenever they lift the gas tax around here, the stations just don't pass it along to us.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?