Saturday, April 08, 2006

walked so far my knee hurt

My dad and I went for a very long walk today, it was nice. Tripper and Laurey walked with us. It was about 40+ degrees outside and kind of chilly with the wind but beautiful sunshine. We walked from my parents house down the hill to Church St where my dad dropped off his watch to be fixed. We were walking up Church St when my dad said "Do you want to walk down to the waterfront and let the dogs play at the dogpark?" and all I could say is "Sure!". So we walked another ways and let the dogs have a drink and wade in the lake and then went down to the dogpark. There were 4 or 5 dogs there already playing and running around, so cute! Laurey and Trip joined the outside of the dog pack. Dad and I sat in the sunshine on the picnic table for about 25 minutes watching the dogs run around and sniff each other. Then we lashed them up and headed back towards 'home'. We had another quick stop at the lake so Laurey and Trip could have a drink. Usually when walking with Laurey she likes to be in front, gently pulling me along and thats very helpful but she was walking right next to me the whole way back up the hill. We hit Church St and I asked my dad if he'd buy us some water since I was really needing a drink. He did buy a bottle of water and just have a little and passed the rest to me. That really helped!! And we just marched on, all the way up the hill and to my parents house. We were about 3 blocks away when I realized that my right knee was hurting. Its been a long time since my knee has hurt me from walking or for any reason really. Kind of felt like a good pain since I know its from exercise. Laurey was hurting too, she would sit down as soon as we'd stop to wait to cross streets. But both she and Tripper did so well, and we all made it back in one piece!

Tripper drank up most of the water in the dogbowl and then Laurey finished it off. Both dogs went down for a nap right away! Laurey and I went to our home, stopping at the grocery on the way where I limbed around getting food and stuff. I took an advil a soon as I got in and gave Laurey a painpill too. She was snoring within 2 minutes of snuggling down on her dogbed. I took a nap too but on the sofa. Now its a few hours later and I'm feeling pretty good. Had a sandwich and chips for dinner, might have some ice cream later...yum! And Laurey seems to be doing pretty well too, she's so cute.

So that was my Saturday. Its almost 8 and I'm in my pj's, planning to watch some tv and go to sleep early. I'm such the party animal, I know...:) But it was nice to spend the time with my dad and the dogs and to be outside in the sunshine and wind and fresh air! I hope your Saturday was as nice as mine!! L, E

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?