Monday, May 22, 2006

Made it!

I made it through another weekend. Saturday wasn't much. Sunday was a good day. I went and saw "Over the Hedge" with my friend Jason and it was really cute and funny. Then I went to my parents and dad, mom, Laurey, Tripper and I took a walk. The rain had just cleared and it was beautiful sun! So nice to be outside and walking around. Then watched "Tristan + Isolde" which was okay, nothing exceptional except I totally want to have hair just like Isolde had! Beautiful.

Today was Monday and my first day of school! I went and got my books at the bookstore around noon and managed to buy the wrong ones but I will exchange them tomorrow. I also picked up a parking pass so my jeep won't be towed, always a good thing. I left extra early for my class because the schedule said the room is in Joyce Hall but there is only a Joyce Student Center on the map so I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to find where I needed to go but Joyce Hall and Joyce Student Center are one and the same and I found the right room on the first try! There was another girl there, we were both 30 minutes early, and we chit chatted while waiting and that was nice. Her name is Nea (Nay-a) and I think we'll have fun together in class.

There are 18 people in the class and I didn't know any of them but it looks like a good group and some of us, including me, spoke up. I actually spoke up first! The teacher is kind of wacky but funny and keep me entertained. Sometimes he tends to mumble towards the end of a thought but that happens. In the synopsis of the class it says that we will be writting lots of papers...well we're not! We will have a quiz at the start of every class but he said it will be multiple choice or full in the 1 or 2 word blank. And there will be 2 tests but he'll give them to us as take-home. So I'm really feeling very very good about this class!! Oh, and the teacher let us go at 8, 55 minutes early.

Tomorrow I'm going to walk Laurey and Tripper from my parents house to exhange my books and then we'll check out the campus a little. The crazy thing is that I have lived within a few blocks of this school for most of my life. For 6 years I walked down the sidewalk right next to the school and I couldn't tell you where anything is on the campus! In my defense, they have expanded and built a lot of new and big buildings. But I did find my way around today and I'll check it out tomorrow a little more. The bookstore is teeny tiny but the lady that works there was really nice and said I could bring Laurey in sometime so I'll have to let her and Trip poke their heads in. Oh, and the notebook I bought has a pretty yellow color, it looks like sunshine...;)

I hope your weekend was good and your Monday was too...mine was! L, E

Comments:
Good for you Erin. You are gonna excell! I know it!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?