Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Yesterday, today and Monday

Yesterday I spent most of the day dozing and sleeping. Really didn't feel so hot. Laurey and I walked in the rain about 3+ miles and it was nice until towards the end we both were really soaked and that was kind of annoying. And I registered for my classes for summer school!

Today I pretty much did the same as yesterday.... I couldn't sleep last night, was tossing and turning until 2 and then I sleep all day again.... *sigh* Its really getting to me but I don't know what to do about it. Laurey and I walked again in the rain but didn't get as wet since it was just sprinkling and stopped for a few minutes. Every place is really muddy. And I really need new hiking boots and sneakers.

Monday, May 22. I will be starting school!! I know I had said June 5 before but talking with my counselor I decided to take two history classes along with the law class. So I'm signed up for:

Legacy of World Civilization I (Students will explore the nature and evolution of the major contributions of world societies from their ancient Near East origins through the 16th century. In addition to gaining a valuable historical framework, the student will also build critical thinking skills by taking an analytical and thematic approach. Themes might include: the changing status of women; the human perception of the divine; the question of individual freedom; culture as a mirror of society; the development of Western thought. Students will be evaluated primarily on writing assignments.)

Legacy of World Civilization II (Students will explore the nature and evolution of world societies from the 16th century to the present. This course will build on HIS 210, both in regard to historical framework and developing academic skills. Students will study history through a thematic approach and focus more on challenging analytical assignments. Themes might include: the expanding role of women; the influence of nationalism and imperialism; the expansion of individual freedom; life in the shadow of war. Students will be evaluated primarily on writing assignments.)

Business Law I (An overview of the entire legal system, with an emphasis on contract rights. The essential elements of a contract, the breach of contracts and the remedies for breach are discussed. Business and consumer laws, including white-collar crime, landlord-tenant rights, real property interests and administrative law are presented.)

So I'm taking World Civ 5/22 - 6/30, I'll be in class Mon and Wed evenings from 5:30 - 8:55. Then I'll be starting Business Law I on 6/5 - 7/14 and that will be Mon and Wed mornings, 9:30 - 12:55. And I'll finish up the summer with World Civ II from 7/5 - 8/11 and that is Mon and Wed evenings, 5:30 - 8:55, same at level I. Wow. I'll be in school in just a few days! So excited!!:) I still need to buy my books and they are crazy expensive too so Daddy is going to need to cough up the credit card for some help with those.

Tomorrow is Thursday. No plans...hoping to get over my sore throat and maybe see some sunshine! But I don't think the sunshone will happen. So I am putting clean sheets and blankets on my bed as soon as I'm done here and I'm hoping the snuggly-ness will help me go right to sleep. I'll let you know! L, E

PS- The mascot for my new school is a beaver...........feel free to laugh!

Comments:
Ahh, summer school - just got my old college notebooks from Marks parents the last time we were up... let me know if you want it, I took good notes and got a good grade ;o) (And I've got some of the tests - I know its a different school, but it could help you outline the important items to make sure you study...)
XOXO
 
SUMMER SCHOOL !!!!

Then again, it's cool when you want to go.

I hope you enjoy yourself.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?