Monday, June 05, 2006

Evil, my mother is evil!

I had other things I was going to blog about today.... The rainy weather over the weekend, the movie I saw yesterday, Tripper and her whimpering, the Business Law class I started today. But no...this post will be about my mother and exactly how evil she is.

So she just called me. She doesn't say Hi, she says "Erin, its your mother" then she goes on to tell me that she just spent the "whole morning" unclogging the hose on the vacuum cleaner. She said it was clogged with a piece of paper and doghair. Then she even went so far as to say that I need to have more 'self-respect' to not let my house get to messy that the vacuum cleaner would be full of doghair. Then she says "Did you even go to your new class this morning?" and when I said yes she says "And how was it". I said 'fine' and then she starts going off on me but I wasn't going to listen so I said "don't call me like this again!" and I hung up.

*sigh* I don't get it. Why does she hate me so much! And I do vacuum my house, once a week or so but the vacuum she gave me for Xmas a few years ago isn't very good so it doesn't pick up all the doghair...that is the reason I borrowed her vacuum! I don't remember vacuuming up a piece of paper, thats not really something I would do since I compulsive-ly recycle I would have out the paper in the recycle bin. But I did use the vacuum to get up a lot of doghair...that is the whole reason I borrowed it!!! Maybe the paper was in there the whole time I had it. I don't know.

So tomorrow my dad flys back with my Grandma and I think we are all having dinner together. I'm sure mommie dearest will be holding a huge grudge against me that will go on for months. This won't be fun.... Wish me luck!! L, E

Comments:
That totally sucks. What a mom. I had to fight my mom for years. She would come to visit and gripe about my apartment. "Every time I come over, you have dishes in the sink."

My mom stayed home for years with three kids. She was completely ignorant to how a working mom balances things. Dishes in the sink can wait. Time with my daughter, can't.

I eventually spilled my guts to my mom's sisters. They sat my mom down and told her how I felt and my mom of course listened to them. (She rarely listened to me.)

So there is an idea. Is there anyone your mom looks up to or admires or listens to, who could drop hints or talk some sense into her?

My heart goes out to you dear. Hang in there.
 
Mom's like in their own little word that usually doesn't make sense. Point of fact. My mom RECORDS The Shopping Channel!!!!
 
Just keep her away from wire coat hangers! Ugh, she does put on a good public face though. Next time, borrow it without asking, and keep it for good. Then deny all when the accusations fly, and suggest she brought it to camp and is hiding it from everyone.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?