Thursday, July 20, 2006

Friend

Swichi and I have a strange relationship. At least I think it is. But then I realize that all friendships are 'strange'. Nothing is like a movie, book or tv show. He is young, just 19, but we are in the same classes at school so we have that in common. I'm 31, but I don't look it but then he looks young, very young. He told me last night how its "annoying" that I'm so friendly, he isn't useto it. It came up because we were waiting to turn left and there was a girl on the corner on a bike and he said "I wonder what kind of bike that is" so I yelled out the window "Hi, what kind of bike do you have there?" and he was embarassed and kinda bitchy for a sec. He said how I am so friendly and nice and he's not useto that and its "something he has to get useto". The funny part is that I would never do something like that on my own, without him next to me. Not only because I wouldn't care what kind of bike the girl with the dreadlocks had (It was a Trek) but I wouldn't have the confidence. Being with a friend makes me feel secure. I have such a hard time leaving my house alone sometimes. I had gotten up the courage/dignity/pride/'balls' to go to the movies alone but I haven't been for a few years. Clerks II is opening tomorrow (Fri 7/21) and I REALLY want to go and see it but Swichi can't go with me, he has to work, and I asked ZamMan but he hasn't let me know so I wonder if I can get enough to go alone....

Snakes.... Yes, I have some living on my deck but now I will have 2 living in a cage in my house. Swichi has 2 snakes, bow pythons, and he's not allowed to have then in his dorm room. But he got them anyway and someone turned him in to the RA so he has until Sunday to 'lose them'. He asked me if they could stay at my house until the end of August when he moves into a new dorm/apartment and should be able to sneak them in again. I didn't have any real problem with them coming to live at my house until I realized he would want to keep dead mice in my freezer...yuck! But then when I was hanging out with him in his room last night, he went to check on his snakes and realized that Bojangles wasn't in the cage. So we tore apart his room and found him cuddled up in the closet so it was alright but I do NOT want Bojangles or Eileen slithering around my house! Laurey is scared of snakes and hopefully would run from them but if she decided to EAT the free reptile I don't know how I could deal with that. So...Saturday night Bo and Eileen will be moving over to my house...I'll keep you updated.

So back to my friendship with Swichi.... Last night after class we went down to Church Street (pedestrian mall) and listened to some kids playing their violins (they were very good and Swichi's new friends since he has been hanging out with them for the pasy few days) and he didn't introduce me to them. Then we went to the resturant that he works at for dinner, and he didn't introduce me to anyone there (again, we had visited there a couple of weeks ago too) and pretty much left me sitting at the bar alone while he talked with his co-workers. So I chatted with a guy who was a couple of seats down but pretty much I twisted the salt shaker around and around.... We had dinner and the food was very good, he paid but that is because he gets 50% off. Then we walked over to the drugstore so he could buy some art supplies for some project he's doing and guess what...he let ME pay for that.

I guess I'm just different. I always make sure to introduce people and include them in the conversations. Is that just because I'm "too nice"? Monday night after class I asked him if he wanted to get together on Tues to work on our essays/homework that was due on Wed and he said no, I would be too distracting (ouch!) but then he calls me around 5 on Tues and asks me to read him the essay specifics, question. He was hanging out on Church Street with his new street performer friends and was going to do his essay there. Yeah right! Wednesday morning he called me...he hasn't done any of the work but 'needed' me to come over and 'help' him. His idea of help is I tell him what the answers are and what he should write about. So I went over to his room and 'helped' him while typing my own essay. Quite uncomfortable sitting on his bed (his sofa is covered with junk) but the worst part was that the ass nextdoor had left a DVD in his player and the whole time I was there, over and over, the 'Will and Grace' (NBC TV show) theme song played. DRIVING ME CRAZY! I finally left around 3:15 when I couldn't take it anymore. Went home and finish my essay on my own bed, in the a/c, with Laurey cuddled next to me.

So me and Swichi. We are friends. I guess just not the exact friends I wish we could be. Its very one sided...I give and he takes or he takes and I give. But I am happy he's in my life believe it or not. He is an amazing young man and has so much potential, he'll go very far in life. I'm lucky he's my friend...but not as lucky as he is to have me. L, E

Comments:
SNAKES??? This is not a good idea. I have a friend in Ottawa who's into that but... yuck.

The only snakes I want to see this summer are in "Snakes on a Plane" YEAH!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?