Thursday, July 06, 2006

I ment to but....

I didn't so much realize how long (again) it has been since I blogged. I have been wanting to blog but I have been feeling that anything I want to type is so big and deep that I don't want to get into it but I guess I am today:

My IM friend SJ pointed out to me last night that I am always annoyed with one friend or another. He said that I'm always moody and annoyed and grumpy and I was really taken back by that since I don't think of myself as a really moody person. I know right now I am more unhappy then I would like, but I am trying. At least I think I am trying. I know I have been more annoyed lately then normal but that is because I have a few friends that have been taking advantage of me but I have been letting them so maybe I'm annoyed with myself. I know I am annoyed with me more then I would like. I'm a giver. I am embracing that part of me and hoping in doing that I won't be so down on myself for the giving in me and the giving I do.

Last night I had plans to work on my history final with Swichi and he invited another friend, H, to come over to my house. I was really annoyed at first that he invited someone else to my house without asking me but he really didn't mean any harm in it and H is a sweetie and we worked well together. I don't know. I told two friends on IM about how he invited H over w/o asking and 1 said it was crazy rude and the other said it was no big deal...so I guess it just how I feel. I think I wanted to be annoyed with Swichi so I used that as even more of an excuse. Oh, and I had him bring him laundry over and I washed it all for him and even folded it up all nice and neat. Anyway....

My parents are out of the country for 3+ weeks. They are in Europe, hiking around the Matterhorn mountain and (I hope) having fun. I went and saw "Superman Returns" with both of them Tues evening and I while I was disapointed in the movie, they didn't disapoint with the lecture and cold cutting comments. Actually it was my dad who threw in the huge, hurtful dig about my working at the Xmas Tree Shops that really surprised me. I thought they would be happy I am working. I picked a job that was easy and I wouldn't bring home at all (except the hurting legs/feets) and very flexable. I guess they don't approve. Oh well. He gave me $100 "for emergencies only" and I've already spent about 1/2 of it...:) My 'emergency' was that I was broke and needed food and a new notebook for my new history class.

Yesterday during my break between my classes I was a mad cleaning woman! I vaccuumed and scrubbed the bathroom/shower. Did laundry and emptied the dishwasher. Picked up all the dog toys and fluffed up Lau's dogbed. My house looks so nice! I didn't realize how much I needed to scrub clean my house, not just pick up, and I was really happy when it was all done. Need to wash my bedsheets today and then try to keep on top of the cleaning again.

Started my next history class last night. The teacher seems fun, wacky like my last teacher but a different wacky. This class has ever more reading and many more papers/essays so I'm a little worried about that but I will see how it goes. I spoke with the scheduling guy at my job and told him that I can't work more then 3 days a week. The next 2 weeks I have such bitch hours! 5:30-9:30 pm (really 10 since we get out late always) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Its not too bad, just sucks working at 5 since I do nothing all day and then only working 4+ hours is lame and I don't get a break at all. Plus Fri and Sat are date nights! But who am I kidding...no date for me.

Oh, I think my snakes are gone! My property manager bought me some "Snake Away" and I sprinkled it all around my deck and then sent Lenny on a flying ride into the bushes. He did come back, I saw him out there with Snoop but that was a few days ago and I haven't seen them again so maybe they are out looking for a new home. And I saved a bird on Monday. The poor sparrow was caught in the matting in the grass and his little legs were all tangled up. I tried to cut him out by thearing the matting with my keys but that didn't work so I ran upstairs and grabbed my scissors and cut him out. He wasn't so grateful that I was helping him...he pecked me at first but settled down the tiniest bit when I was cutting him out. Once he was free of the matting his little legs were still tangled so I had to hold him by his wing and clip more plastic away but I was able to and then he hopped around a little. I hope he just needed a rest and then he flew away to a nice tree and is all happy...:)

So what's up? Oh, I bought a really cute new jean skirt from Old Navy and it fits perfect and I love it. I know I shouldn't have spent money on clothes but I have been in such a skirt mood and while I don't need to dress up for work, I'd rather wear a skirt then shorts there and I think a skirt with sneakers is cute too. I had bought another skirt too from Old Navy online but I didn't like it too much so I went and returned it yesterday and looked around the store and it was really empty, not much in there. But they are moving into fall/winter...stocking up on jeans.

Ok...so I hope you are good and smiling. I am working on getting my smile back. Not being so annoyed with my friends. Not being so annoyed with me. And saying no when I should. And walking with Laurey, everyday! Miss you and love you! L, E

Comments:
Saving a bird. That's a really nice thing to do. I'm really impressed.

As for the snakes, you should have called Samuel L. Jackson. He knows how to deal with snakes.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?