Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fair

Yesterday I had my yearly check-up with my gynocologist (sp?) and everything looked "okay" so thats good. I love my doc, she's so funny and sweet and I've been seeing her since I was 18 or 19 every year. She brough up the 'baby' question and reminded me that my fertility will start to dramatically drop by the time I'm 35. So maybe I should get some eggs harvested. The big question I had in my head was to leave my socks on or not for when I was in the stirups.

I had my first fall semester call that night and that went well I think. Just had to listen to the teacher chit-chat and then we watched a very old Law and Order episode so that was fun. We were out nice and early. I have to park my jeep at my parents house and walk like 3 blocks/10 minutes to campus because I can't afford a parking pass and there is almost no parking on campus anyway. I did order a free pass so I can park there after 4 during the week and all weekends, just waiting for it to come in the mail. I had brough Laurey to my parents house while I went to class and when I got back to get her and my jeep I found her exhausted. My parents had taken her for a long walk so that was nice of them and good for her.

Today I relaxed and napped in the morning and then went to my parents around 1:30 and then my mom and I walked the dogs down to school since I needed to buy 1 more book for school at the bookstore. The book wasn't in stock yet so we walked back around the long way. My parents dog Tripper is so cute but stops to sniff EVERYTHING so walking isn't as healthy as it could be but it was warm so it was nice to have the breaks. Then I went home and did some laundry and had a little nap.

My dad called just before 4 and then came over and picked me up and we went to the Champlain Velley Fair. My dad and I always go together, its one of our few traditions and I am really happy we went again this year. We just walked around and looked at all the animals and booths and people. This year for a 'special treat' he spent $10 for tickets so we could ride the Dutch FerrisWheel. Its big and goes up and around. Most people would think its tame and kinda lame. Well I'm quite scared of heights and the first time around, when it kept stopping to let people on and off was not fun for me but by the 3rd time around I relaxed enough to check out the view and it was beautiful. We could see for miles around and even though the machine was making creeking sounds, it was safe. Definately would have been better with a nice date/boyfriend to cuddle up with on but it was good for me to go and my dad had a good laugh watching me in my white knuckle terror.

I also did a little shopping at Xmas Trees yesterday and I bought a new 3 wick candle and I've been burning it since then and it smells yummy. I love candles. I'm going to burn them a lot more. They make my house smell good and cheer me up even when I don't need cheering up...:) I have 2 classes tomorrow right in a row and Laurey and I are going to walk and then I'm going to stick my nose in my school books! I hope you are having a good week! L, E

Comments:
Candles aren't my thing, but I'm glad that things are going well with classes and life in general this week.

Oh and I need a nap too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?