Thursday, August 10, 2006

Registration and Ooopsie!

I am registered for fall semester at my school. Took too many phone calls and emails to get an appoitment but its done and I'm set. I'm up for 4 classes so far and going to try to sneak into another closer to the start of the semester. So I'll be taking:

LAW 130: Civil & Criminal Litigation I: Introduces students to terminology, court structure, comparison of civil and criminal law, and the law of evidence. Students will learn about the sources of the law, remedies under the law, client contracts, interviewing, investigation, and evaluating claims. Prepares students to work with clients and presents an overview of nature and extent of liability and defenses.

LAW 120: Fundamentals of Legal Research: Orients students to law libraries and a variety of legal publications, treatises and other legal writings encountered in the day-to-day practice of law. Emphasizes developing the capability to analyze, interpret and communicate facts, ideas and law through comprehension of legal-research techniques.

HIS 313: Modern American Social History: Students will study important themes in the social history of the United States since the Civil War. This course allows students to expand their critical thinking skills through an examination of primary and secondary sources. Themes might include: the evolving status of women; the immigrant experience; the concept of the American dream; the paradox of freedom vs. slavery; the minority experience; the tensions between social classes.

ECN 210: Macroeconomics: A general survey course that covers theories and applications of macroeconomics. Business firms, international economics, labor and government are included. Also examines monetary policy, taxes, public finances, economic output and growth, and international trade in the world economy.

Should be lot of work but lots of learning too and I like learning!

So I slept over at Swichi's room last night. Just sleep...don't worry! His bed is crazy uncomfortable since he pushed two twin beds together but lay the mattresses the other way across the beds. So your ass falls in the crack between them. His alarm went off and he turned it off but went right back to sleep and wouldn't wake up. So I went to leave but my jeep wasn't in the parking lot where I had left it. It had been towed to a different parking lot because they are doing some paving but they hadn't notified anyone not to park there. Anyway...I was annoyed but no harm.

So I went into work at 5 so I could do some shopping to get a wedding present for Evan and Alison (their wedding is this Saturday!) and found out that I was suppose to have been there at 2:30! I thought I was working 5:30-9:30 like usual but I was on the schedule 2:30-7:30. Ooops! I felt like an ass. I wish they had called me, I was at home and could have come in. Oh well. I did some cashier-ing but mostly did recovery which didn't do so well since I just don't really care and since I'm paid $8 per hour I'm not paid enough to care.

So I'm sitting on my sofa right now with my cherry ICEE (Love them!) and watching Big Brother: All Stars which is totally my guilty pleasure...:) Laurey is staring at me. We didn't walk today and should have but we did 3.5 miles the past two days and I am working really hard to be walking her everyday. Ok...have a good night everyone! L, E

Comments:
Big Brother??? YUCK!!!. Sorry but i despise that show. You should have walked Laurey instead.
 
Big Brotheris great! Don't knock my pleasures...:) ~E
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?