Thursday, October 26, 2006

Checkin' the colon all the way up to the appendix

I spent my early moring at the hospital with my dad. He was having his colonostomy and I went with him to make sure he'd get home alright. We walked from his house since it was only about 10 minutes away. I was late getting there, the traffic was crazy at 7:40 in the morning so he was a little pissed but we weren't late to the hospital. He went in at 8:40 and then they called me to go in and sit with him around 9:50 so it was quite quick. Last time I went with him, he was in there over 3 hours but then I didn't go in to see him, he came out when he was all done and then we went home. So I went in and sat next to him...he was totally out of it from the drugs. Totally out! He was snoring away, so cute. The nurse would call his name and he's wake up and smack his lips and mumble something. And he'd wake up a little and ask me "is it over?"...he did that 3 or 4 times. The doctor came in and wake him up and told him the everything went just fine but dad didn't remember...the nurse said that he wouldn't remember much from the medicines. And he kept taking off his finger moniter and putting his hand under the pillow and I'd dig it out and put it back on his finger.

He got up and kinda awake and dressed and in the wheelchair and I pushed him out and down to the main door. I had asked him if he wanted me to call mom to come and pick us up since I thought she was at home but he wanted to walk. As soon as he went through the door, he didn't stop to check if there was a car coming and almost got tagged but they were moving really slow and saw him in plenty of time. I held on to his arm the whole way home. He wasn't walking a total straight line or picking up his feet but we made it and he collapsed into a chair in the kitchen and dozed right off. Mom and I tucked him into bed and he was out right away. I left but mom said he snored for a few hours...rattling the windows he snored so loudly! I stopped by after class to check on him again and he was looking just fine. He asked me a few questions about if the doctor had come in to see him and stuff but I don't think he believed me when I told him how he had been mumbling to me that he was 'reading the paper in the livingroom during the party'...yeah, I don't know what he was thinking too, maybe it was a dream.

I talked with Bethie around noonish and we talked about my visiting her and Kargurra for my B'day and New Years! I love spending that time with them...makes my B'day so special and we always get an ice cream cake...yum! And I love them and love spending time with them. They both do so much for me, I hope I can help them some when I'm there. And we'll have a relaxed time, just hang out with their extended family and get some good meals (the yummy salad place!!!) and watch some movies. Can't wait!

I made an extra yummy dinner tonight! Oven baked cut up potatoes and hamburgers. Very good! I love cooking...just wish I had someone to cook for. I cut up lots of fresh parsley and mixed it into the burgers and put over the fries, gave them some good flavor. Mmmmmm!

Almost the weekend! L, E

Comments:
I'm glad your dad is ok after his "experience".
 
My dad's a tough guy...:) ~E
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?