Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Trip To The Grocery...or...Why I Hate Buying Condoms

So I went to the grocery today to get milk and a few other things and I bought some condoms too since I need to have the latex-free ones. I don't mind buying them...yes I feel embarassed but I know I shouldn't and I am smart to keep myself covered. But why I hate buying them today is because about 2 seconds after I dropped them into my basket, I walked right into two people I had worked with at Reso (2 jobs ago) and he made sure to eye everything in my basket. Oh well. Between the potatoes, chocolates and stuffing mix, I guess the condoms weren't too noticable but I'm sure he saw them.

Yesterday at work was a good day. I was sleepy but had a fun time joking with my customers. It was really busy but I just relaxed and went at my speedy pace and did my best. Didn't have any breaks! Breaks as in I didn't break anything. Yay me. And I took today (Sunday) off. I hadn't been scheduled but I had asked for some hours but when I was leaving I was just tired of being there and wanted a day off so I asked my assistant manager if he could do without me and he said "As much as I don't want to let you go, I'll cross you off" and I joked to him "You don't need me, I'm a horrible cashier" and he said "No, you are a great cashier and very multi-talented throughout the store". So nice of him!!:) I was flattered.

Then I hung out with my friend for the evening. I'll call him Yeti since he's quite hairy. I picked him up from his work and we went to his apartment and Home Depot and then back to his work and then to my condo and we made dinner...spaghetti and meatballs...and then I dropped him at his work since he had to go back again. We had a nice time and he loved the mouse babies! He held the teeny tiny baby for a few minutes and took pictures of it (don't know if its a boy or girl, hard to tell) and then took some video of Lola playing with her babies. They were all so cute!

And now don't yell at me but I did his laundry. I know, I know...I shouldn't have but he had so much and I wanted to help me. And I like doing laundry. So I dragged 3 bags of it to my house and I finished folding it a little while ago. When we were cooking dinner he teased me since I needed to check my recipe book and he said I should know how to make it without help. And I said - without thinking "Just because I want to be a stay at home mom doesn't mean I know how to!" I have to idea where that came from. Ok, not totally true. I would love to be a stay at home mommy and wife but that doesn't seem to be in my cards. What is that expression...If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

As usual, the time change annoyed me but I liked the extra sleep. Oh! I made a big change in my life. Are you ready for this? I took out my VCR from the stack of DVD/dish box. I hadn't used my VCR in years. It was just there since it had a clock on it and I didn't want to take the time to dig it out from the hundreds of wires and cords. But today I figuered instead of changing the time, I'd make the change and get it out of there. And its actually kinda annoying not having the clock right there but I can push a button on my clicker and the time comes up on the screen and thats just fine. I'll get useto it.

Its crazy windy here and light raining...I don't like rain. Makes me wish more then usual that I had someone to cuddle up with and watch a movie and snuggle under a blanket with. And a warm stomach to put my icy cold hands on too...:) L, E

Comments:
Your post reminds me of the time just after my divorce when I got my own apartment. I had never ever lived on my own and here I was, 26, sexy & single and I figured I needed to keep a box of condoms handy.

So I picked up a box and then grabbed a six pack of beer and was heading to the checkout when I ran into my new neighbor. Of course, she wanted to chat for a bit and I was so embarassed. I know I looked like a total floozie...six pack, condoms....all this and I was wearing a Harley tank top.

I know she was thinking some white trash hoochie single mom was moving in....there goes the neighborhood!!
 
Bethie...just because I buy rubbers doesn't mean I am using them. My latex allergy is getting worse and worse and if I _do_ get to have sex then I want to have condoms I can use. And I'm sorry if I don't tell you things when we talk...its not intentional. Just easier for me to type these days then talk. ~E
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?