Friday, March 23, 2007

This will gross you out

The snow is melting! As happy as I am to see the grass and to have spring appearing and mud season alive and well...under the snow...in my backyard...there's dogshit.

Unfortunately in January and February, between being sick and just feeling sad, I didn't go out and pick up after Laurey when I'd put her outside. And to make it even worse, I would just putting her out in the backyard, not even taking her on her leash into the parking lot in the bitter cold. I spent about 20 minutes outside this afternoon. I threw away 5 bags in the dumpster. They weren't filled trash bags, I can only put so much in the bag so that I can still carry it and list it into the dumpster but there was a LOT of shit in those bags. Okay...2 and 1/2 of the bags were filled with grocery bags that I had used to pick up with last fall/winter and never took to the dumpster so it wasn't all from the yard but it was nasty!

Yes, I was wearing rubber gloves. And I used a grocery bag to pick up from the yard and put it in the bag. There is NO WAY I would bare hand dogshit!

I also saw a lot of wild animal poo out there. Little perfectly round droppings. I wonder what creature left those.

I'll have more to pick up as soon as the last of the snow melts and I'll rake the area too, to make sure to get it as clean as I can. But what I need to do is pick up each and every time she goes out there. Actually...even better: I need to take her out on her leash when she needs to go outside. That way I'm getting exercise too.

Okay...subject change:

My screen door came off the track in the late fall and I still can't get it back on. I asked my friend Evan if he'll come over and fix it for me, he's done it before and he showed me how to do it but I just can't get it. My dad tried to get it back on once and was about to bend the door to get it in...no, thats not the way! But it's around 40 outside today and I wanted some fresh air inside so I set up the babygate in the doorway so that Laurey won't escape and it is a little chilly but I love the fresh air and smells of the Earth melting and spring starting!!

THANK YOU to Marianimal and K for sticking with me! I was so surprised and happy to get comments from you both so quickly! I read both of your blogs everyday and while I don't comment very often, I emjoy being able to sneak a peak into your lives!

I'm back to work tomorrow and Sunday...should be nice and busy! L, E

Labels: ,


Comments:
Oh the memories. in the spring my dad would give me a shovel and a garbage bad to pick up a winter's worth of dog shit. It was so EWWWW that I had to stop to prevent myself from Barfing.

More importantly, I'll always stick around to hear what you have to say.
 
Your welcome. But I didn't respond quick this time. I'm sure you understand. I did, afterall, spend the weekend surrounded by a total of approximately 110 Girl Scouts and 40 stranger mothers/troop leaders and a three toed sloth named Chloe.

It was a hell of a weekend.

I've never been so happy to go back to work!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?