Thursday, April 12, 2007

Annoyed / Vendetta

I am really quite annoyed with one of my neighbors right now. He's on the board of directors for our condo association, I'm the board president, and have been trying to get a meeting organized for just the 4 board members. We need to make desicions on contracts for landscaping, cleaning, insurance and boiler maintance and also on if we want to look into a different property management company since that contract is up soon. And its a huge pain to find a property management company around here, all are so busy and difficult and expensive. So I emailed out on Monday, asking if we all could meet some evening this week or early next. I finally heard back from the last board member today, he says NEXT friday is the first day he could meet. So that is when we are meeting but its almost too late. We need to make decisions but I guess they'll have to keep on waiting.

There is a lady at work, she's my boss, her position is 'front end' which means she is at the 'front' of the store with the registers and is there to help cashier with customers and voids and other things. Lately, especially for the past 2 months or so I just seem to piss her off. And she has upset be over and over as well. I know that sometimes just how she says things to me, her words hit me wrong...and I will admit I am sensitive and I don't always take criticism well, especially when I am trying to help. So I have been working to over compensate and make sure to always ask her before I leave my register or leave the front area. I can't tell if that is bugging her more or not.... Just I see other people doing their own thing and she doesn't jump on them about it.

So today is yucky raining/sleeting/snowing and around 35 degrees outside. I am always too warm at work so I usually wear a t-shirt and capri/cropped pants. Today I wore a longsleeve shirt and a skirt that is just above my knees. I know that wasn't the smartest move with the cold and snow outside but its a comfortable outfit and one that usually helps me not to get too cold. So first thing when I walk in she tells me I'm crazy for not dressing 'appropriately', then an hour or so later she compliments me on how smooth and nice my legs are - this was a little uncomfortable but I have nice legs. Then, at 11:45 I hear over the pager "Erin to the front for carts" and I was "WTF!" but I put on my coat, grabbed a bright orange vest and gloves and went outside. I actually wasn't .too. cold but my legs were chilly. It wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't sleeting out and it was very wet. My sneakers were soaked in about 5 minutes, but that was 4 minutes longer then it took for my gloves to be drenched. I brought in about 6 trips of carts - 6 or more at a time - and was just dripping! The cart bay was only about 1/4 empty when she sent me out, usually they wait until its more then 1/2 empty to send someone out but.... I'd been outside just over 15 minutes and my face, feets, hands and hair was soaked and the cart bay was full and I saw the MOD: manager on duty right by the front door so I asked him if I could come inside since I was so wet and he said yes. I checked in with HER and she looks at me and says "Oh, is it wet outside?" I just said "Yup!" and kept on walking into the backroom. I dried myself off as much as I could but my feets were soaked in my sneakers and it was only a few minutes after noon so I had wet feet until I got home at 4.

I was also frustrated and uncomfortable with this boss about an incident that happened earlier this week. Company policy says that we can only accept a credit card from the person handing it to me...meaning I can not charge a husbands card when its handed to me by his wife when he's not there. Simple enough. But its amazing how many women caqrry their husbands card and vice versa. Also, if the card is not signed, if the signature has worn off or it says some version of "See ID" we have to check a photo ID, usually a Vermont drivers license. This creates a big problem as, in the past, VT lets you renew your license through the mail and then you have a NON-photo license. This law has been changed and all license renewals are required to have a photo so in 2 or 3 years it shouldn't be a problem anymore. So the issue with boss: a friend of hers came through my line. They (boss and customer) started talking. I told customer her total and she handed me a credit card with the first name of James on it. I swipped the card and the back said "Demand Photo ID" so I ased customer for her ID. She didn't have her license or any other card on her for ID proof. Customer looks at boss and says "You know me, isn't that good enough?!" and boss nods yes. After customer left I spoke to boss and said how it wasn't even her card and boss said "I know, its fine. You did the exact right thing". But no...I didn't! Its been bothering me since it happened so I spoke with another front end boss about it today and we wrote up what happened and she's going to take it to management. I'm really uncomfortable that it all happened and how evil boss but me in this position. I'm the one that took the card and if the charge is declined then it would come right back on me why I took it and what happened. And I figure I'm on evil bosses shit list, I might as well put myself on the top of that list!


Anyway.... I got a raise at work this week. I'm now making $8.75. Woohoo. So rich now. They had to give raises since they are now hiring new people and starting their pay at $8.75. As much as I like the pay increase it sucks for me since I was given a 25 cent raise back in the fall with my 3 month review and thats gone now. But my year review is coming up in June so hopefully I'll get more with that...have to wait and see. I'll let you know!

Its still yucky rain/sleet/snow outside. Big flakes of very wet snow and its pretty but once the temperature drops below 32 it will be all ice! Tomorrow is my one day off for the week and I'll be polishing all the silver with my mother. We'll see how it goes.... Hope you have been having a good week! L, E

Comments:
Oh man, Why are you still there? How about calling the bank lady?
 
You did the right think E. You have to cover your ass first. If this comes back to bite you later, at least you can legitamitely point your finger and have the paper trail to support you. Good on ya!

And....I tagged you. No get to thinkin!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?