Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Parents Bug Me

Once again I am left on my own for a holiday. I realize that Easter is really a religious holiday and with that I can understand some of the resistance my family has to about celebrating it but I just wanted to have a nice meal with all of us there and (hopefully) some others too. But my family, mother mostly, refuses to 'celebrate'. Oh well. A few weeks ago I asked my mom what the plans were for Easter and let her know that I would like to do something.... She said she'd let me know. About a week ago I overheard that the plans for Easter weekend was that a friend of my dad's and his wife and kids were going to be visiting, staying at camp (my parents house on Lake Dunmore). So I asked if I could come down and meet them (I know my dad's friends but not his family and I'd like to meet them) and then we could go for an early dinner. That is what I thought the plan way.... Well Monday night I found out that plans had changed! My parents are driving to Montreal, Canada, to meet them and they are spending the weekend there. I'm not invited. Even if I was I couldn't go. So I have no one to spend time with on Easter. *sigh*

I really am frustrated. I don't understand why my mother almost refuses to celebrate the big holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter - but insists on making a HUGE deal out of Mother's Day! She gets very bitter if we don't make the whole day all about her. I just don't get it. And this year, Mother's Day is on 5/13...the day before my surgery. So I have already told her that if she wants to go out for a meal it will have to be in the Burlington area since I will have to work that day. Most likely she'll be at camp that weekend and will want to go somewhere near there but its over an hour away and I wouldn't be able to drive down there, eat and drive back in time to make work. Even if I stay overnight...I'll still need to leave 3 hours before I would have to be to work so that I can drive home with Laurey, take a shower and get to work on time. That would be if I worked in the afternoon/evening. If I worked in the morning then I _could_ drive down and meet them for dinner but I really won't want to be driving 2+ hours each way after working and I don't want to have a huge meal later then 6 on that day. I'm worried that I'll get nervous and anxious that night and I don't want to be worrying about driving all over that day too. Anyway.... We'll see what happens. I've already bought her a present so thats done.

My dad has been bugging me too. Lately he's been in such a bad mood. I have tried to talk with him and offer him advice but he's not listening to me at all. The latest thing that I just don't get about his is his refusal to come over to my house and help me with things. Its fine if he doesn't want to be my handyman. I have other people I can call to come and help me. But he insists that he check everything. My garbage disposal has been broken for awile now and its actually broken from what he did to it over a year ago when it was stuck and he used a big stick to jerk it open. He also broke the pipe under the sink and flooded 1/2 of my kitchen. Its been leaking every since. But the disposal needs to be replaced. He says that he'll come over and look at it after his semester is over....that is May 11. I first asked him if he'd come over and check it out over 2 weeks ago. So I have to wait 8 weeks for him to come over. He lives 15 minutes away! I just don't get it.....

Work was good today! Finally remembered to buy the 9 volt batteries I have been meaning to buy for 3 weeks...yay me!!:) Hope you are good! L, E

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?