Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ooops, I did it again!

Yup, again I haven't been blogging. Just laziness really and I haven't been spending a lot of time online. So here I am:

The end of last week and the weekend were just fine. Work was BUSY over the weekend but other then some snobby ladies Sunday it was just fine. I am just focusing on the nice customers that have a smile for me and make me smile and laugh and on my coworkers that I'm able to laugh with. Its hard when there are a bunch of grumpies in a row but I just don't let it bother me.

Monday I had off and its been a long time since I had a Monday off. I had plans to hang out with my friend Katie from work but she ended up having a family thing so I went to my parents house to help my dad with his Men's Night Out party. {See post April 3, 2006} There was good food like usual and I saw all the old men (old as in having known them for most of my life) and met a few new guys.

I had my appoitment with my ENT doctor yesterday morning. My surgery is on! I'll be having my tonsills removed and my deviated septum (nose bone) fixed. He'll be taking out some bone in my nose and some of the nasal tissue and that will help me be able to breathe easier and deeper. He answered all my questions and I feel very comfortable with my doc. And one of the guys I met at my dad's party Monday night is an Anesthesiologist and he said he'd be happy to make me sleep for my surgery! Amazing what a small world we have here but also nice to know too. So May 14 is the big day and I'm pretty much ready.

I have been working on a new will and living will...just in case. I know it sounds morbid but planning for the worst and what I want to happen if the worst was to happen is the best way for me to feel calm and confident. I need to know that Laurey will be taken care of and that certains things will happen and people will be notified and given specific items...all that. And I don't want to be like that woman in Florida who was feed by the tube for years and years. I wouldn't want my plug pulled until it was certain that I wouldn't be able to make a very good recovery but I wouldn't want to be kept alive for no quality of life. And I would like any part of me that can be donated to be used. If I can help anyone else then I certainly want to!

Okay...on to happier subjects! Yesterday I went by Home Depot and picked up some paint samples. I need to paint my condo this summer, once its warm enough to be able to put my livingroom furnature on my deck (since there is no place in the house for it to be other then where it is) and also paint the kitchen and bathroom. I'm looking at the same light yellow from 2 of the 4 walls on my bedroom for the kitchen (I have paint left over) and then a cream/toupe/light brown for the livingroom. I really don't know for the bathroom. I'd like to do a light blue I think and paint the wall above/behind the shower a darker blue but I'll have to get "approval" from my dad since he'll be helping me paint and most likely buying the paint. There is kind of a hallway between the bethroom and bathroom, its really just the hall closet door with some wall above and a tiny bit around. I'd like to do that area a dark, bright blue. I'm going to do that space all on my own! I'll have to use a hand brush since its such a small space but picked up a sample flyer about texture painting so maybe I'll do something funky...:)

So I can't say I'm looking _forward_ to May 14th and beyond but I am confident I will be able to take care of everything so I'll be able to go into surgery feeling that I have everything under control. And I'm hoping that Dad and I will be able to get some painting the week after my surgery, I have taken 12 days off from work...that is recommended by Dr, and I know I'll need to be careful and stay calm and relaxed but I'll probably be a little bored too...:)

I hope things are good for you all! Its raining today, had some hail too so it will be icy and some snow this week but nothing too lasting. Have to clean the mouse cage today! L, E

Labels:


Comments:
What's the deal with the snobby old ladies? I just want to say "Hey 7you old bags, lighten up"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?