Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Update on ME

I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner. I was first exhausted and hurting and then as soon as I felt better, I have been swamped!

My surgery went perfectly. The doctor took out my tonsills and bone and tissue from my nose. I had expected to be in a lot of pain after but having my usual energy and being able to be active. Instead, I was exhausted and groggy but not in too much pain. I had surgery on Monday, 5/14, and then stayed overnight at the hospital. I pretty much slept from my surgery through Thursday morning when I went home, I stayed at my parents house from Tuesday morning, after being released from the hospital, and my mom took me home late Thursday morning. I slept and relaxed for the next few days. I had my post-operation check-up with the doctor on Monday, 5/21. He took the plastic splints out of my nose that day and that really opened up my breathing! Yay!!

Last Tuesday, I slept most of the day...couldn't stay awake so I just went with it. I figuered my body needed the sleep! Then the rest of the week I worked on Condo stuff and relaxed. I went back to work at Christmas Tree Shops on Saturday, 5/26. I was totally exhausted and my voice was a little horse but I survived my 7 and 1/2 hour shift. I worked 7.5 hours Sunday and Monday too. Have to go in for 3:30-9:30 today, Tuesday.

Overall I am doing very well. My throat isn't hurting today, maybe a little twinge here and there but nothing not to be expected. I still am blowing my nose and using saline nose spray all the time, exactly what I should be doing....

Labels:


Comments:
I'm glad that it went well, and groggy is better than pain. I read that somewhere.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?