Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Cool Weather

I have been loving the cooler weather we've been having lately in good ole Vermont. The leaves are changing colors (dying) and falling down and it's so beautiful! Definately need to take a drive this weekend to Stowe or somewhere to get out and see things. I'd like to say that I always make a point of taking a drive during this time of year but thats not totally true, haven't done it every year. But some years I've made a point to get out and up into the mountains. So I want to make sure to do it this year. I have Friday, Saturday & Sunday off so I have plenty of time. BUT -- University of Vermont hockey starts Sunday! First game is at 4pm against Acadia Univ. Should be fun! At the same time St. Lawrence and Clarkson are playing each other and the game is being broadcast on ESPN-U. I get about 12 ESPN channels with my dish network so I'm recording it and Dad and 'Good Buddy Dave' will be coming over to watch it later in the week.

'Good Buddy Dave' is our neighbor, he has been going to the Univ of VT (UVM) hockey games with me and Dad for years and he and Dad go to the UVM mens & ladies basketball games together too. Although in the past few months 'GBD' has moved from across the street from my parents house and become divorced - his wife kept the house. The divorce was a complete surprise to us.... No one thought GBD and his wife were exceptionally happy together and/or all lovey-dovey but they had been married for at least 25 years and have 3 boys. What both GBD and his wife have said to my parents is that they just "grew apart the last 10+ years" but I guess they grew so far apart that they didn't want to be living together anymore. Well....she didn't want to be living together. GBD is a nice guy, he's funny and goofy but I've never heard of him or seen him doing anything exceptionoally romantic or loving towards his wife. We've heard through other friends that she wanted him to change - she wanted dinners out alone, dates, and things to be different. She gave him deadlines - dates he had until to change and he didn't. So she followed through and they were quickly and quietly divorced. He bought a place in a neighboring town and borrowed my dad's truck a bunch of times to move all his things. GBD is a big garage sale shopper and he collects lots of things, specifically records, tools and sports equiptment. Their basement was packed with box after box of stuff - crap my dad called it. Anyway....

Laurey and I are good. Just enjoying the cooler weather and walking and walking. I hope you are good too. L, E

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?