Friday, January 25, 2008

Gas Prices

I love driving, that has never been a secret. And my Jeep is comfy and easy to zoom around Vermont and the surrounding states and countries. Well, just one other country. I remember the weekend after I picked up my Saturn the price for 87 octane gas at the closest station was .97 cents per gallon. Yesterday I paid $3.09 per gallon. *sigh* I paid $35.25 for 11.375 gallons and that was just over 1/2 a tank. (Technically it was $3.099 per gallon...I hate how they do that!)

Lately I have been living paycheck to paycheck more then usual. Working only 15 or so hours a week I haven't been able to keep up with my usual bills and they have been piling up. Two weeks ago I added all I owed up and it was a BIG number. I have been able to pay it down with my last two checks but I still owe a lot and since I am only working 15 hours this week my next check won't be much help. Last week I worked extra for inventory and my paycheck this week was much nicer! And I have dropped down my phone service to only have caller ID - just can't let it go now that I've had it - and slower internet service. I probably should drop down my Dish Network subscription too but I did drop down 2 levels a few months ago they charge $5 for changing service, scam!

I don't have many "naughty" things I do anymore. I don't drink alcohol very often, really almost never, and I don't take illegal drugs, only prescribed ones. I don't even speed anymore like I useto do.... Yes its hard to stick to the speed limits especially when its a 25 mph or 35 mph zone but I don't get my Jeep up over 65 mph on the highway, just not worth wasting the gas and I am NOT paying the state of Vermont, or any other state, for another ticket!! But I DO spend money. The grocery is one of my favorite places and, of course, Xmas Trees (where I work) is too easy for me to buy buy buy. I am working on it but sometimes there is just too good of a deal or I just really want it. Really when I need to do is get myself out and away from the "retail therapy" and work where I CAN'T shop every time I go to work. What an amazing idea....

Today is Friday and I have today and tomorrow off from work. Don't have any big plans...just need to do some cleaning/picking up around the house and take out the trash and recycle. Should let Laurey take me for a walk. I'd love to go to the movies, totally want to see "27 Dresses", but I really shouldn't spend the $$. *sigh* I never know if I shouldn't spend money to "be good" and save since I really need every penny or if I don't do things like go to the movies or just out of my house to hide from the world. I do hide very well. I am running out of "Law and Order" episodes recorded on my DVR.....

I hope you have a good weekend! Stay warm!! L, E

Labels:


Comments:
I feel the same way about movies. But the matenae prices are much more reasonable than evening prices and I don't feel so bad because I am not spending as much!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?