Saturday, February 09, 2008

Craptastic

My week may be summed up in one word...craptastic:

Tuesday I took dad for his finger/hand surgery, it just perfectly, but he was a whiney baby after...complaining how it hurt so much but as far as I could tell the only thing that hurt was the numbing shots. Anyway...he's fine!:)

Wednesday I had hoped I'd be able to pick up some extra hours at work...I desperately need the money. But I wasn't called in so I really did nothing. Laurey and I went in and out a few times and I took a shower around 2 and put on clean pj's but overall I really did nothing.... *sigh*

Thursday I worked 11-5:30 and it was DEAD slow! Beautiful snow had been falling since early Wed and 'they' where saying you should stay off the roads so people stayed home. I was on my register for most of my shift but they also sent me out for carts - I hate going out for carts alone - other then that I was either slammed busy for about 5-10 minutes ringing customers and then would be standing alone for awile.... Up and down with customers. Time was moving very very very slowly!

I had a surprise phone call late Thurs evening, my coworker Susie was asking if I'd still like to work her hours on Friday (I had spoken with her about it earlier in the week) and I jumped up YES! I was at work 10-2 on Friday, slow day again but more people in the store...just time moving very slowly again. Then I came home and cleaned up my house - running the vaccummer, emptying the dishwasher and picking up dogtoys and other assorted floor things. Laurey extremely dislikes the vaccumm, I have to put her in her cage while its in use, and she walked around the house for the rest of the evening all sad and unhappy. Poor baby....

I have today, Saturday, off and have plans to hang out with my dad. The "Winter Fest" is going on in Burlington with a penguin plunge (idiots jumping into the freezing lake for charity) and ice sculpture carvings. Dad also needs a haircut so we're going to take the dogs downtown and check things out. I'd like to see a movie too....

Tomorrow evening is the Christmas Trees holiday party. I had specifically asked that I NOT be scheduled to work until closing this night so that I could take Laurey out and get somewhat dressed up but they scheduled me 1-7pm for that day. *sigh* And the party starts at 7pm. So I'll have to race home and take Laurey out, dump her dogfood into her bowl, throw on other clothes and jet back to the same shopping center and try to find the conference room where the party is. I'd like to go, I had fun last year and should this year too but it will be very hard to leave my house once I am home....

Oh well.

I need to get in the shower and dressed and head to my parents to meet up with my dad and Tripper and head to Winter Fest! Woohoo, right? Have a rockin' weekend! L, E

Labels:


Comments:
Lately, my Craptastic weeks involving me want to strangle my boss.

Grrr, I swear, the pointed hair boss from Dilbert is stalking me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?