Monday, June 09, 2008

(Lil) Green Patch

My new addiction is (lil) Green Patch on Facebook. I send plants to people and then take care of their 'patch'. I don't exactly know why, or really even how, its fun but it is.

Today was gross humid again today! Work was okay.... Was called to ring a lot so I didn't get all the signs posted that I had been asked to do - had 3 different managers/supervisors ask me to make and post signs in specific areas. I was able to finish up the home fashions area but not dishes and fans. I printed up the signs but didn't get them posted so I gave the signs to the manager/supervisor who asked me to do them and (hopefully) they posted them for me. I really don't like it when I can't finish a project, especially when I'm specifically asked to do something but they all understand that customers come first and if there are lines at the registers then I need to be up there.

I have the next 3 days off.... Dad is coming over tomorrow afternoon to help me with a few projects around my house. I want to get a piece of plywood and attach it to the under side of my sofa since 2 springs have come out the bottom and its not very comfy anymore. And I need to buy new plastic tubing and silicone/glue for my a/c drain. So Dad is coming over to "check things" and then we'll be going to the hardware store. I'd like to check out Lowes - the first Lowes store recently opened near by - but most likely we'll go to Home Depot since it is a little closer and my dad loves it there. LOVES it there...:)

Laurey and I walked down the street this evening and hung out with my buddy "Shawn". He has 2 dogs - a yellow lab named Wranger and Bailey, one of Wrangers daughters, 1/2 lab and 1/2 wild beast. Wranger and BayBay are great dogs! Wranger LOVES to chase balls, he really only cares about retrieving whatever you throw for him. He's a sweetie and gives me lots of kisses. BayBay is a hellion brat, totally hyper and jumping but such a sweetie too. She will crawl up onto the sofa to snuggle next to me when I'm inside theie house. She doesn't so much care to chase a ball, she chases her daddy, Wranger, and chews on his neck while he's bringing back the ball. He is amazing to put up with her! They are a good bunch. Shawn is a great guy...we have the funniest conversations, he always makes me laugh. He is a landscaper at the Univ of VT. He takes such good care of his pups too...they are very lucky to have him. I was throwing the ball for Wranger today and was really worried I was going to kill him since it was so hot/humid and he was running and leaping over the fence to bring it back. I made Shawn fill up the dog water bucket (have to use a bucket, Bay tips over the bowls outside) and all 3 dogs had long drinks. They are a cute bunch. Wrange is chasing the ball, Bay is chasing Wranger and Laurey is eating the grass in the corner behind the mower.

I really want to get my hair cut during my days off. Its been far too long and the end are ratty gross. I can't decide to do a 1-2" trim or get like 6+" chopped. I'll probably have like 3-4" taken off. I was thinking of donating again but I really don't want shoulder length or shorter hair, just don't like it on me, so I think I'll just have a good sized trim and donate in a year or so when its grown out again longer and looking better. I'll let you know.

Kinda hungry...but I was too lazy to go to the grocery on the way home from work. Well, not lazy so much as my jeep was about 120 degrees too hot and I figuered the milk would be boiling and ice cream melted within 20 seconds. So I'll raid the back of the freezer and cupboard and see what I can find.

Have a good night!! And see, I am back! L, E

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?